Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Maui Kayak Adventures
from $92.71
More Info
All reviews whale watching sea turtles fish group tour private tour great pictures great guide mother and calf highlight of our trip turtle town marine life took pictures guide john fun morning amazing morning underwater photos small group
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2015

We just got back from our Tour with Maui Kayak Adventures! Our tour guide Jay was amazing! Extremely knowledgable while still being very personable. We were about 100 feet from a mama whale, baby whale and escort whale (which I learned from Jay :))... the moment is indescribable and although pictures are nice, it's the in-the-moment experience that I will never forget. The snorkeling was amazing too! Jay took many photos of my husband and me and he will edit and email them this afternoon. Such a great time, and sad it is over. Mahalo Jay & Maui Kayak Adventures, until next time!

Date of experience: April 2015
4  Thank Whitney K
Reviewed April 2, 2015

We had John and he did a wonderful job !! it was a perfect day he took us to see the whales even if we were not supposed too. we loved it :)))

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank 659vanessad
Reviewed March 21, 2015 via mobile

Our guide Jay was fabulous. Our group was in the age range of 6 to 50 and he was able to accomodate everyone. Answered all our questions and mafe or kayak and snorkel adventure one to remember. Thanks Jay.

1  Thank perleen
Reviewed March 18, 2015

Recently I had the opportunity to kayak whale watch with MauiKayak Adventures and it was awesome. I took their tour out of Olawalu with John.
The area at Olawalu makes for a pretty easy entry and with the help of our guide no one tipped over. Our group was a mix of novice and experienced kayakers. As we made our way out of the coral gardens several turtles were seen enjoying their morning cleaning. This area is fabulous for snorkeling and many of the snorkel tours tie up nearby.
Our tour was booked as a snorkel, kayak and whale watch. As a group,we decided to spend most of our time searching for whales and off we went. John led us to an area where we could hear the whales singing. Seriously, we were right over them and you could feel the vibrations in your paddle and hear the song clearly above the water. I sat there amazed as I listened to the song. John told us that when the whale was done he would surface (only male whales sing.). Sure enough the whale started swimming. He swam right under our boats. I could clearly see this majestic animal gliding below me and it took my breath away. He did surface about 50 feet from our party and gave a great blow.
My advice to you, if you are coming to Maui anytime soon, is make the Maui Adventure Kayak tour your first adventure. It may indeed be the experience of a lifetime. Even if the whales are gone the snorkeling area is worth the tour.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed March 17, 2015

Learning to snorkel and kayak from our guide John Hess, was the best time we had, of all the things we did while we were in Maui. He was not only an enjoyable person to be with, but he is very knowledgeable about the ocean and the creatures that live in it, especially the whales. He also took great patience with my wife, who is very afraid of the water, but he succeeded in teaching her and she had a fabulous time.

Date of experience: February 2015