“Pictures don't do justice! A must on your trip to Maui!”

Maui Kayak Adventures
Ranked #5 of 88 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer small group or private kayak tours. On group tours we will never have more than 8 guests to 1 guide…. ask other companies what their ratio is. Digital Photography is always included on our tours at no additional charge. Snorkel with green hawaiian sea turtles in the summer months or go whale watching in the winter months. We are 1 of 5 CERTIFIED Eco Tour Operators on the island of Maui. All of our guides are CERTIFIED Marine Naturalists.
Reviewed April 4, 2015

We just got back from our Tour with Maui Kayak Adventures! Our tour guide Jay was amazing! Extremely knowledgable while still being very personable. We were about 100 feet from a mama whale, baby whale and escort whale (which I learned from Jay :))... the moment is indescribable and although pictures are nice, it's the in-the-moment experience that I will never forget. The snorkeling was amazing too! Jay took many photos of my husband and me and he will edit and email them this afternoon. Such a great time, and sad it is over. Mahalo Jay & Maui Kayak Adventures, until next time!

4  Thank Whitney K
"three hours"
"fun morning"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 2, 2015

We had John and he did a wonderful job !! it was a perfect day he took us to see the whales even if we were not supposed too. we loved it :)))

1  Thank Vanessa D
Reviewed March 21, 2015 via mobile

Our guide Jay was fabulous. Our group was in the age range of 6 to 50 and he was able to accomodate everyone. Answered all our questions and mafe or kayak and snorkel adventure one to remember. Thanks Jay.

1  Thank perleen
Reviewed March 18, 2015

Recently I had the opportunity to kayak whale watch with MauiKayak Adventures and it was awesome. I took their tour out of Olawalu with John.
The area at Olawalu makes for a pretty easy entry and with the help of our guide no one tipped over. Our group was a mix of novice and experienced kayakers. As we made our way out of the coral gardens several turtles were seen enjoying their morning cleaning. This area is fabulous for snorkeling and many of the snorkel tours tie up nearby.
Our tour was booked as a snorkel, kayak and whale watch. As a group,we decided to spend most of our time searching for whales and off we went. John led us to an area where we could hear the whales singing. Seriously, we were right over them and you could feel the vibrations in your paddle and hear the song clearly above the water. I sat there amazed as I listened to the song. John told us that when the whale was done he would surface (only male whales sing.). Sure enough the whale started swimming. He swam right under our boats. I could clearly see this majestic animal gliding below me and it took my breath away. He did surface about 50 feet from our party and gave a great blow.
My advice to you, if you are coming to Maui anytime soon, is make the Maui Adventure Kayak tour your first adventure. It may indeed be the experience of a lifetime. Even if the whales are gone the snorkeling area is worth the tour.