“Average and a bit pricey”
Review of Kumu Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Kumu Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Orange County, CA
“Average and a bit pricey”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Food was decent, but the prices were kind of high for the quality of the food. Service was delightful.

• Korean first
Schaumburg, Illinois
“I THINK IT'S TIME TO TURN OVER THE WAITRESS STAFF… OUT WITH OLD, IN WITH THE NEW!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The incident was with a waitress by the name of Lori at the Kumu bar and grill (pool area). My fiancé and I are young entrepreneurs and we both look even younger than we really are. I feel this played a role in how this waitress treated us on multiple days while hanging out around the pool. It started with her completely walking by us, helping older people all around us, looking away when I tried to waive her down multiple times. Finally we resorted to going up to the bar ourselves to get drinks. Too bad for Lori, I've always been an excessive tipper! Then, Lori saw that we were getting our own drinks, she stopped and asked if she can get anything for us. We ordered an appetizer sampler and asked if we could substitute onion rings for Maui Chips. She went on to make a big deal and lecture us (at least it seemed like a lecture) on how they do not substitute anything. They do this to accommodate the cooks! I was floored! I wanted to say, "You mean to tell me, I'm paying to be here to accommodate a damn cook! Shouldn't it be the other way around? I handed the menu back to her and said we do not want anything, then and all of a sudden she was willing to make the substitution… Humiliated again!?!? Thanks Lori! If you worked for me, you and your negative attitude would be fired immediately! Another waitress always called us kids… I am not a kid! I am not a child! I am a mid-thirties entrepreneur! Quit insulting me to make yourself feel better! You chose to be a waitress! I only ask that you be good at what you chose to do and your tips would reflect that!

1 Thank tswalker5
Allen, Texas
“Good, fresh food”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We've dined here several times. The food is always fresh and tasty. The menu selections are good. The service has always been great. It is a little expensive, but it is Hawaii.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Convenient place for lunch or snacks”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Expensive and about average food. However, you can't beat the friendly service or the location. They serve you right at your lounge chair if you'd like.

Visited September 2013
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
“Poolside dining!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Enjoyed the many choices here at the Marriott Wailea! Everything from salads to burgers and more. Poolside dining and wonderful drinks. I enjoyed lunch here several times and was fortunate enough to have Jay as my server each time. Jay is kind and attentive and a local. Never had to ask for a refill on my water nor wait long for my food. The atmosphere is very relaxed and fun!