“Excellent Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pupu Lounge Seafood & Grill - CLOSED

Pupu Lounge Seafood & Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The seafood was very good. We really enjoyed our meal and the service was excellent. This is just a beachfront seafood place so we were surprised by the amount they charged for "catch of the day" ($25) It wasn't like it was a fancy restaurant or anything. The portions of the fish were very small. There was an automatic 18% "gratuity" added to our bill because our party was 6. I have a huge problem with that. I prefer to tip my waiters on the service that they provide. Tipping should be voluntary, and it should be the choice of the patron how much they tip.

Visited February 2013

Massachusetts
“Food still great but could use a facelift”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Three years ago we visited Maui and Pupu's was our favorite restaurant. We returned again this year and headed over there for a great dinner. Arrived to enjoy the beautiful sunset. Had the shrimp and it was delicious as was the salad. However, the restaurant is starting to appear "tired". The atmosphere seemed more quiet and there appeared to be less staff on duty. The service was good but a bit slower. It seemed as if the laid back beach persona had overtaken the place. Don't give up on Pupu's. You'll get good food but not the atmosphere. There was one thing that remained the same since we were there last time...there was no paper in the ladies room.

• Visited February 2013
Kamloops, Canada
“Excellent Grilled Fish and Chips!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

What a great gem of a restaurant. I wouldn't have known it by looking at it from the outside. I chose it from an ad I read in a magazine. I was so impressed that they had grilled fish (Walu) and chips instead of greasy, battered fish! What a great concept, I wish more restaurants would do that! We don't drink alcohol so I had water (the water tastes amazing in Hawaii) and hubby had his precious POG! Oh and the view from the balcony is amazing. We were there for the sunset.

• Visited February 2013
Kirkland, Washington
“Nice venue but mixed food”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The catch of the day - walu - and house salad were excellent but the pork tenderloin was somewhat bland, a bit under done, and served with vegetables that had been so lightly grilled they were just spongy. It would seem that this restaurant is best experienced for the fish dishes.

However the prices were quite good compared to the average prices in Kihei. While you can't really see the ocean from the outdoor deck, the decor is very pleasant and the street scene is interesting.

• Visited January 2013
San Francisco, California
“Great for sunset”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The location is perfect to view the sunset! We both had the fish and chips, which were reasonably priced, but surprised us in that the fish was not breaded and deep fried. If you are looking for a healthier alternative to the standard fish and chips, this is the place for you. If you like to indulge in deep fried foods during vacations, as I do, it's a tiny bit disappointing. I'd probably order another dish next time

Visited December 2012