“Tasty and fairly affordable”
Review of Pita Paradise - CLOSED

Pita Paradise
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Round Rock, Texas
“Tasty and fairly affordable”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I have eaten at Pita Paradise several times (twice this week and also on our previous trip to Maui). Each time has been a pleasant experience, and I'd be happy to recommend this restaurant to friends looking for a tasty meal that's not too expensive.

Menu options include lots of pita-inspired items (as the name implies) - chicken teriyaki pita, greek salad pita, etc. The pitas are tasty, with fresh lettuce & tomato and nice sauces to compliment. Pitas are served with rice on the side, which is bland but works as a side-dish. They also serve several salads, as well as larger entrees (some of which feature fresh-caught fish). I appreciate that they have the same menu and same prices for lunch or dinner.

They have outdoor seating, which does not have a view to the ocean, and which can be quite hot (no cooling breeze seems to reach this patio). The interior dining area is air-conditioned, but can be noisy from the open kitchen. Service can take longer than I'd like when the restaurant is crowded, but is always friendly.

Overall, this is a good option for lunch or a non-pretentious dinner, especially after a day spent on Kamaole beach in Kihei. It isn't fancy, but is tasty and seems like a good price (for Maui at least!).

Walnut creek, CA
“Perfect For Lunch”
Reviewed May 12, 2009

We've consistently enjoyed getting lunch here. I don't think I would go for dinner. This is a very casual joint and perfect for lunch.
Had the Mediterranean Chicken and Ahi Pitas. The Ahi was fresh and delicious.
The service was extremely friendly today, who knows maybe they read Tripadvisor.

Calgary, Canada
“I wanted to like this place but...”
Reviewed May 10, 2009

the service was rude and indifferent. I like to support small businesses and as a vegetarian, I thought I would really like this place. We were the only customers and we certainly were not made to feel welcome. I had ordered a drink and when I went back up to ask for my cup, the young woman responded with a snarly "what did you say". Whatever happened to common courtesy. Has she ever heard of "pardon". I guess she was upset because I had interrupted her game of juggling fruit, causing her to drop them on the floor. Given the lack of patrons, you would think they would try to provide better service. The food was ok, the atmosphere ok at best. The side of rice was tired! We gulped down our food and went next door to the Tiki Lounge to enjoy the music. The server there was outgoing and friendly in stark contrast to Pita Paradise. I can't see them staying in business unless they improve. Times are tough. You can get better value for your buck than here.

Prince George
“We did not enjoy our meal here”
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We had also read the great reviews about Pita Paradise, but were quite disapointed with our meal.

We both ordered pitas, which ended up being soggy and quite messy due to the juicy sauce. Perhaps we also ordered the wrong thing here, although to tell you the truth I cant even remember what we ordered.

Perhaps it is a better spot for lunch - the place was dead quiet when we ate there for dinner. Or perhaps things have been slipping lately and we should have paid more attention to the lack of people eating there.

berlin, ct