“Not Impressed”

Shaka Sandwich & Pizza
Ranked #93 of 178 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Kahului, Hawaii
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Not what I expected for "Maui's Best pizza". The prices were ridiculous especially for the poor quality of the food. The pizza was thin, soggy, bland and super greasy. Pizza Hut put them to shame. Definitely not "gourmet" pizza. The only thing good about the place was the seating outside. I was shocked at the quality and prices, I will not return or recommend this to anyone. What an extreme disappointment!!!!

“100% ��”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

My kids loved the pizza! We ordered the cheese pizza, which is on special everyday. It's huge!!! We only ate half and finished the rest the next day! I think we'll make a stop there again before we end our trip.

Purcellville, Virginia
“Good Maui Cheesesteaks”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

If this was Philly, it's a good cheesesteak. If this was NY, it's good pizza. But we're in MAUI!! Considering that, it's a fantastic cheesesteak and really good pizza!!!

• Visited March 2014
Kihei, Hawaii
“Cheesesteak!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stopped in for a quick lunch one late afternoon and, even though they are mainly a pizza place, I got the cheesesteak. One of my favorite sandwiches and this one did not disappoint me. I splurged and got an order of fries. I think they may cut them there, but even if they don't, I loved them! Crinkle cut and skin on. Only bad thing was I just couldn't finish it all.

Visited March 2014
Lahaina, Hawaii
“"Shaka" Philly Cheesesteak”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We live on the westside, unfortunately/fortunately Shaka Pizza is not as convenient for us to stop by and pick up something to eat. It takes either planning and effort to drive to Kihei and grab one of their amazing Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. The flavor is great and the options are plenty so you can order a very personalized Philly. If you don't care for the bell peppers, order without, like mushrooms, add on, prefer extra cheese, throw on more, it's all personal. It was nice to be able to watch the staff babysit the preparation, perhaps all that personal attention aids in the making of a great sandwich, worth the drive!

• Visited March 2014