“OMG.... I never heard the owner of a restaurant say what this owner said to me.”

Shaka Sandwich & Pizza
Ranked #86 of 184 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 5, 2013

OMG.... I never heard the owner of a restaurant say what this owner said to me.

Worst customer service ever... I purchased 3 slices of pizza then 15 min later I went in for another slice, they said they were out of slices so I was willing to wait but they refuse to cook another pizza they said that I would have to order another 3 slices if I wanted them to bake a pizza. I talked to the owner and told him that was bad customer service and he agreed with me then said "OH WELL... It IS WHAT IT IS".... Then I asked him if he's willing to loose a customer over a pizza and he said "I GUESS"

Most places will give a pizza before they lose a customer but this guy rather save a pizza AND lose a customer.

All I wanted was a slice not the whole pizza and I was willing to pay for it too. Unfortunately some places don't value good customers that is why they don't prosper. They need to remember that good Customers are the reason why they are still in business. But this place just lost a good customer.

1  Thank Jewels E

Reviewed April 23, 2013

When you are ready for a quick lunch of something you crave just like "back home." This is a New York style pizza that is de-lish! Nice thin crust cooked perfectly, just the right amount of cheese. But a large pie, cheese only, ran $20, which we thought was pricey. So what else is new, everything in Hawaii is steep. Thought a pizza might be a little more reasonable. Guess not. It was yummy any way you slice it.

2  Thank loribagli
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We usually get the cheese pizza that is as close to New York Style as we can remember. The restaurant is not fancy but it's a nice change from the higher priced Maui restaurants.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Friends who visit Maui frequently recommended this restaurant for us to try out. Well we tried it and doubt we will be back. Our party of 8 ordered 3 different pizzas for dining in. While the pizzas are a large size the quality was not that great. I love thin crust pizza but this crust was soggy. Toppings were so minimal at times I wondered if they were even on the pizza. Overall flavor was very blah and we left scratching our heads at why our friends who recommended it were so impressed about. Was expecting staffing that was friendly and helpful as well since this was not a big chain & locally owned but the gal at the register seemed more annoyed to be there than anything.

1  Thank lmhjsm
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good place to get a pizza, eat in or take out, Huge portion, big slices. We made two meals out of 1 large pizza. Nice thin crust, good flavor in the sauce and cheese. Toppings extra but not expensive.

1  Thank kmg320_10