“Left a bad taste”

Maui Tacos
Ranked #35 of 178 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Maui's Tacos, we've taken the best flavors of Mexico and fused them with the flavors of Aloha! A favorite for locals and tourists alike, Maui's Tacos serves Mexican cuisine with a Hawaiian twist. Join us for our famous fish tacos and our salsa bar.
Virginia
“Left a bad taste”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Ok, so I wasn't expecting much. I got even worse! My fish was FISHY. I don't mean a little cheap but downright disgusting. I told the girl that the fish was "off". She said "So you don't want fish?" No, thanks, would rather not be sick for the remainder of my trip. She begrudgingly let me get something. Pork tacos were actually pretty tasty. Wouldn't eat here again if they paid me. Oh and $16 for 2 fish and 2 beef tacos. Really??????

1 Thank pawp11

Surprise, Arizona
“Good Cheap Eats”
Reviewed May 10, 2010

My husband and I ate here upon our arrival to Maui. We were pleasantly surprised at the salad had mangos in it and grilled chicken and my husband ate burrito. Good food for the price. There is no where to eat inside. So you have to eat outside on the tables.

Portland, OR
“More satisfying than Gannons!”
Reviewed April 21, 2010

We ate here 3 times in a week. Had chicken and fish tacos, nachos, and salads. We enjoyed our meal and service far better than we had at Gannons for a lot more money. Quick and satisfying. We'll definitely go back next trip.

chicago
“We went three times in a week”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

If you want some quick, fresh and tasty fish tacos than Maui Taco is the place to go. Located in a strip mall, it can be easy to miss. But it is worth going to, getting a few to go and bringing them to the beach with some wine and watching the sunset. Awesome. Only thing that could make it better was if they did not use styrofoam containers as it feels like everyone else in Hawaii was more environmentally friendly.

1 Thank kpsonthego
Los Angeles
“Terrible Quesadillas”
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I was actually looking forward to eating here, but upon walking in, I saw the sorry food people were eating and played it safe by ordering a quesadilla. Now, it is REALLY hard to mess up a quesadilla, but they managed to do it. The cheese they used was terrible and the meat was more boiled than grilled. Also, the salsa bar was not very good (it tasted like it was old).

1 Thank Venice323

Been to Maui Tacos? Share your experiences!