“Good fish tacos” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maui Tacos

Ranked #37 of 176 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Maui's Tacos, we've taken the best flavors of Mexico and fused them with the flavors of Aloha! A favorite for locals and tourists alike, Maui's Tacos serves Mexican cuisine with a Hawaiian twist. Join us for our famous fish tacos and our salsa bar.
Talent, Oregon
“Good fish tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stopped here for a quick lunch of fish tacos. The food was well prepared and there was a great selection of salsas, etc., for toppings.

Since it's located in a strip mall, don't come here for atmosphere. Come for the food.

• Visited May 2014
Jeff E, Owner at Maui Tacos, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thanks for stopping by! We hope you enjoyed your trip to Maui, and we can't wait to have you back again soon. Safe travels!

Mahalo,

Kihei, Hawaii
“over priced/ unimpressive food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I am aware that eating on maui can be expensive as I live here however I found this to be ridiculous. I was running late coming back to work from my lunch break and stopped in to Maui Tacos. I ordered the chicken quesadilla to go, it came to nearly 11.00$ and does not include chips/beans/rice or a drink. The service was friendly even though it was positively sweltering in there and the food came out fast. I took the bag and drove 3min down the street to my work. I opened the container and the contents inside were soaking with grease the tortillas were soggy from the grease, there were 4 triangles of food and 3 of them had no meat in them ,there was no sour cream there was maybe a 1/2 teaspoon of "guacamole" that tasted like cleaning supplies. I went on a Tuesday afternoon at 1:00pm... I am highly disappointed as this was my first (and last) experience with this place I work in the hospitality industry and will not be recommending this place. I see that many people have given good reviews and i would like those people to know that eating in maui isnt and shouldnt be that expensive.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jeff E, Owner at Maui Tacos, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
It sounds like we really dropped the ball on your visit, Noel. Our pricing is reflected by the high quality, fresh ingredients that are cooked by a skilled kitchen staff. We're sorry that the contents of your order weren't correct, as this inexcusable. We'll definitely look into ways to avoid this in the future, and hope you'll reach out if you have any further feedback.

Take care,
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the world mark tried a few different places in kihei and this place by far was the best by far fantastic food great service and amazing prices I would highly recommend this place for anyone especially travelers on a budget

Jeff E, Owner at Maui Tacos, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
So glad to hear that you were impressed with our food, Tricia! Thanks for your kind recommendation, and we hope you'll return the next time you're in ourneck of the woods or beach.

Mahalo,
Houston, TX
“Great fish tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is a return visit this year to Maui Tacos. You really cannot get more perfect than a local fish taco place right off of the beach. I always get the fish tacos so I really cannot comment on the rest of the menu, but I can say the fish tacos are consistently wonderful. The salsa bar has many different salsas ranging from not spicy to very and of course I have to give honorable mention to the pineapple salsa which is refreshing and bright.
All the seating is outdoors, covered, and uncovered, and street and beach view. As all things Maui, the restrooms are shared public restrooms in the open aired mall behind Maui Tacos.
Come as you are, dine outside, grab some decently priced fish tacos and save some room because a few doors down is a wonderful spot for Hawaiian shaved ice.

• Visited June 2014
Jeff E, Owner at Maui Tacos, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Happy to hear our tacos brought you back for round two! You're absolutely right -- it just can't get any better than eating fish tacos right off the beach, and we're always thrilled to offer you a place to do just that. Thanks for the good word and we'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Maui!

Cheers,
Los Angeles, California
“Cheap But Good Enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Let me start by saying that Maui is an expensive place as far as dining goes. It makes it more expensive if youre in search of great food to go with the very relaxing Maui vibe. However, it's quite the opposite with Maui Tacos. For the quality and taste of their food, the price you pay for their menu is really not bad. I ordered their fish tacos and a mai tai - both did not disappoint. Did not have to pay an arm and a leg to feel satiated. My friends ordered their much larger items on the menu (i.e. enchiladas and burritos) for not very much than what I paid for.

On the only night we decided to bar at night, having to drive from Kahana where we were based on our trip, its location is perfect. Close to the Amborsia where we planned to spend our Fri night. I'm quite happy to have picked this place for a light dinner before dancing the night away. Mahalo!

• Visited May 2014
Jeff E, Owner at Maui Tacos, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
We're so happy to hear that you've been impressed with our menu and pricing. Looking forward to having you back for another taco the next time you're in the area. Wishing you safe travels!

All the best,
Maui Tacos

Been to Maui Tacos? Share your experiences!