“Good for Maui”

Maui Tacos
Ranked #34 of 176 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Maui's Tacos, we've taken the best flavors of Mexico and fused them with the flavors of Aloha! A favorite for locals and tourists alike, Maui's Tacos serves Mexican cuisine with a Hawaiian twist. Join us for our famous fish tacos and our salsa bar.
Commerce City, Colorado
“Good for Maui”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The fish tacos aren't as good as Coconuts - but for some near-mexican fast food this is a solid option and one of the less expensive places to eat in Kihei.

Visited August 2013

Tipperary, Ireland
“Would not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We ordered a variety of items from the menu, burrito, fish tacos, fish salad,etc. The food was mediocre at best and over priced for the quality. Much better options available, skip Maui Tacos.

Gresham, Oregon
“Mixed reviews better atmosphere up the road.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Came to Maui Taco on the recommendation of a friend. This location is a small hole in the wall. Only a few tables, run down with no outside seating. It definatly could use some TLC. There are several other locations north of this one that appear nicer.from the street.

The service was barely friendly and minimal at best. We bused and cleaned a spot to sit. They could take a lesson from McDonalds on service.

That said the fish tacos were very good, lots of fish chunks with just enough seasoning. Perhaps too much.slaw and sauce. The pineapple salsa is a nice compliment to the fish. My husband ordered the Maui beef taco and thought it was good not great. It was so full he had to eat it with a ffork we would probably try a different location on another vvast but wouldn't call the a must do.

• Visited August 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
“Glass in your Nachos?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family went there for lunch two days ago, these includes my three granddaughters ages, 18 months to 9 years old. My son in law found an 11/2 inch piece of clear glass in the Nachos. He showed it to the counter person and complained to no avail. They just did nothing. Obviously, we were never going back to this establishment.

1 Thank GeorgeF592
MauiTacosHawaii, Owner at Maui Tacos, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Aloha, My name is Jeff Endervelt and I am the CEO of Maui Tacos. I just read your comment and to state the obvious, I am stunned and deeply disappointed for the occurrence and for the manner in which our Team responded First, my sincere apologies for this incident. This is a very serious matter and we will immediately drill down to find out what happened and secondly, why you and your family were not treated with more respect and consideration. However, I need a little assistance from you. Please tell me whether this was our Kalama Beach restaurant or our Kamole Beach restaurant? Also, please let me know what time of the day this occurred? In the meantime we have already begun an investigation and I will get back to you as soon as I get some responses from our folks. Again, my sincerest apology,

Jeffrey K. Endervelt
E-Mail: Jeffe@Mauitacos.com
Houston, TX
“Great Fish Tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have to say being from Texas having TexMex food in Maui was not on top of our list of things to eat while in Maui. But coming off the beach hungry and hitting fish taco happy hour was wonderful! We were pleasantly surprised at how wonderful and tasty the fish tacos were and loved the wide variety of salsas. Enjoyed our lunch on the breezy patio. Also we went back on two different days to enjoy fish taco happy hour for a quick inexpensive delicious lunch.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Maui Tacos? Share your experiences!