“Food excellent, noise terrible”
Review of Maui Thai Bistro

Maui Thai Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Maui Thai Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 179 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic yet contemporary Thai Dining in a clean, relaxed environment.
Uppsala, Sweden
“Food excellent, noise terrible”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were impressed by the food but unfortunately the noise level was very high. We were unable to to keep up a conversation at our table. I would suggest some "decorations" on the walls to reduce the echo in the place. I wouldn't hesitate to visit again for take-outs, but would not eat at the restaurant again.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Candy Land
“a new begining”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

much better owners or staff from previous. they are BYOB with a liquor store 30 seconds away by foot and can provide ice buckets even for your beers.

highlights were the Choo Chee curry with tofu, green mango salad with fish, the larb pork, penang curry w ahi, phad Thai and phad Kheemao. with these going on I didn't much wonder around the table after initial bites of everything. nothing was bad but I just sectioned myself to my faves. ordering 15 items they did very well and will return. an 18% gratuity was added to are party of 6 adults and 3 children.

• Visited December 2013
Whittier, California
“Delisicous food great service and clean”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had just arrived back in Maui after being off island for 7 years. I was meeting up with my dear friend Anne and she asked me what I wanted to eat for lunch. I said I would love sushi or a good Thai food meal. She called a friend who lives in Kihei and asked if she knew of a great Thai restaurant. She referred us to the Maui Thai Bistro and said it was excellent and had just opened recently. So off we went and it was a wonderful find. The atmosphere is sweet uncluttered and clean. The food was Delicious and served with a smile and great attitude. We were treated well and since we had not seen each other in 7 years we had a lot to talk about and they were not pushy or stressed that we sat for long after our meal was over. We did decide to order some of their delicious Thai tea and when we went to pay for out tea as we had already paid our bill, they complemented us the tea. We had their vegetarian spring rolls
which were FRESH and delicious. They came beautifully placed like a sushi roll with peanut and dipping sauces which was plenty to enjoy each bite with. Then we had their Tom Kha with chicken lemongrass soup which was very satisfying and a perfect match to the Pad Thai Calamari dish. Both Anne and I shared the meal and there was plenty for both of us. A Sweet Welcome back to Maui.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Maui Thai Bistro”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

What a delightful find! Great food, attentive staff, ambience that was suitable for families with children and for a celebrating couple alike.
I had heard about this restaurant and was dying to try it once I reached the island of Maui where my daughter lives. I was absolutely not disappointed! The portions were perfect, the ahi cooked to perfection, the vegetables cooked but crisp enough to still have bite, the beef in the Masaman curry just fell apart and was so delicious that we both ate far more than we really needed to! All in all a wonderful experience and I will definitely be visiting this amazing and all embracing restaurant at least once more before I leave. The restaurant was very busy but there were no issues concerning intervals between course, everything was "just right".
Thank you to all concerned ... staff, cooks, management, and fellow diners.. for making this a truly enjoyable and memorable experience.

Bellingham, Washington
“Interesting Thai-Chinese fusion”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Overall, this is a nice little Thai restaurant and the number of unusual menu items indicate that someone in the kitchen is thinking a bit out of the box in a very good way.

We ordered a larb, a panang curry, a rice dish based on the flavors and ingredients of the ubiquitous Tom Kar Gai soup, and a vegetable stir-fry involving iceberg lettuce and fresh shitake mushrooms. The last dish, actually, was my favorite. The panang curry was also quite good and unusual in that the beef component was rich and soulful hunks of braised short rib. It had some decent spice, too, though we were worried that the food would be overly mild since we were not offered a choice of heats.

Very casual, and the service was just fine in a rather standard, no frills kind of way. The room is nondescript, and most of the atmosphere comes from the colorful napkins. Reservations can be made on Open Table. (We checked at 6:00 and got a 6:30 table. The crowds seem to come after 7:00--when we left it was packed.) Would be great for take-out if you're staying close by, but you might miss some of the most interesting dishes if you were ordering from the menu posted online--it has names but no descriptions.