“Even worse than expected.”
Review of Denny's - CLOSED

Denny's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Being that this is Denny's I didn't have very high expectations. My husband and I tried to find a less expensive breakfast alternative and decided to eat here. When we first got there it took a while for us to be seated. Carol was our waitress. She had a nice personality. However we ordered coffee which was watered down. The cream had stuff floating in it. My husband placed an order for a skillet which was sold out a 7am. He then placed an order for banana walnut pancakes. After 20 minutes of waiting, the waitress told us they were out of that too. My husband ended up with an overcooked waffle and so did I with turkey bacon and lots of grease. We will not ever eat here again.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Was really our only choice because of when we got in Maui. It seemed a bit dirty. The prices were island prices. We paid 60.00 dollars for sandwiches and fries for 4 people. The food we got was pretty good. Service was very slow and we would not go back.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Service was poor and the wait staff had 'attitude'.
Food was average at best. My portion of pineapple was laughably small.

Do not waste your time eating here.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

For the record, Denny's Kihei is currently the worst service my husband and I received at any restaurant in Maui. When my husband and I just checked out at a hotel we stayed in Kihei/Wailea for our Anniversary in June of 2011. We decided to eat at Denny's Kihei before heading back home in Upcountry Maui for a big brunch. No one was there at the reception area when we arrived at the restaurant. When the hostess/waitress came to greet us, it was an obvious HE with a long hair pulled and knotted in the back of his head. Noticed the "white flakes" and/or "lies" on his scalp & hair right away (as he answered the phone and fumbling with the menu while talking to the phone with another customer). Mind you, we were there first...standing and waiting to be seated. At that, I wondered and kind of worried if he/she will be serving us. Did not like the idea of dandruff falling into my food plate. Another female server came over and sat us out in the veranda area which I liked. We waited for a good fifteen (15) minutes and no one bothered to check on us if we were ready to place our order nor offered a glass of water nor gave us a chance to order drinks. Meanwhile, we noticed two tourist tables in front of us (with more people seated in each tables) got seated and given water glasses and got their orders placed before us. At this stage, I was getting frustrated and irritated because this was about 11:00a.m. and my husband was really starving and I was feeling hungry, myself. When the waitress who originally sat us 15 minutes ago, went back to the table in front of us...I waited for her to finish with them and tried to get her attention by calling out "excuse me", Excuse Me (louder, as she started walking back into the restaurant), EXCUSE ME (the 3rd time and the loudest time) which the other guests turned their heads toward us because they obviously heard my loud calling voice. To my surprise(!), I was ignored by the server and I was ready to make a complaint at the management but my husband halted me because it will take more time to make this report and decided not to eat there after what had just happened. Who knows what they'll put in our food after complaining! We decided to go to another restaurant and not waste our time anymore than it's already been wasted. We are now very hungry and very angry, with how we were treated. Therefore, letting more people know through internet review would be more appropriate and impact their carelessness and lack of customer service. We may look like locals with no money, but we just ate at Ruth Chris' steak house the night before and I do not think that we could not afford their food and service. They picked the wrong couple to ignore. We know a lot of restaurants and restaurant owners. Ate at fancier, nicer and cleaner restaurants and I do not recollect being badly ignored nor served in anyone of them. My advice is, if you must go to Denny's...go to the Kahului location!!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We loved the service ate outside on the balcony ,it was very good food. The prices are the same as in Texas. It was nice overall. No dislikes , only that we ha to come back home.