“Near Wailea by Car - hidden away on trip advisor but we found it!”
Review of Stella Blues Cafe - CLOSED

Stella Blues Cafe
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Piikea
Description: Stella Blues Cafe is a family owned and operated restaurant that has become a land mark in South Maui. We offer home-style cooking with friendly service.
Arizona
“Near Wailea by Car - hidden away on trip advisor but we found it!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were staying in Wailea with a car and went to Stella Blues several times. This reminded me of the Peppermill in Las Vegas, relaxing coffee house with interesting food. What I remember the most was the pancakes with macadamia nuts and coconut syrup. Mmmm mmm! We wandered in after trying the top rated Coconuts the first day. This was tucked nearby in the back corner of a shopping center. It didn't rate high on the TA list but I was happy to find it. They were playing Third Eye Blind's entire album the first time and the next time Sting live. Classic rock. The music hangs in the background, not too loud, but sets a mood which is great for vacationing. The service was great and you can kick back for breakfast and order an omelet with anything you want in it. There is a lot of food! I remember a giant serving or two of brown rice along with my breakfast and side of macadamia nut pancakes. We went back for lunch one day which was good and I had the french dip. Everything standard there, but just a great place to go if you are in the area.

• Visited December 2012

Edmonton, Canada
“very good breakfast”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I had breakfast twice while in kihei and both times the food was very good and in great quantities..
My wife had the burrito which was the size of a football and loaded with goodies like hash browns,ham,diced veggies etc..I had the friday steak omelette and it too was very good...the price they charge for the quality and quantity was fair and the service exceptional..

Washington
“Nickle and Dime Ya For a Dish”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife heard this was a great place and so we tried it. The restaurant sets in a strip mall, but it appears the owner believes they are a higher class dining establishment. We sat outside, which was behind a fence with a parking lot on the other side of the fence.

I became upset when I started looking at the menu and realized you had to pay extra for a dinner salad, extra if you wanted meat (chicken) in the pasta dish. Our simple pasta dish ended up costing $23 because I did not just want an $18 plate of spaghetti noodles with some garlic. The pasta was good, but a little hard to enjoy when it seemed that they tried to bait with lower prices to be in line with other establishments, but once you read the description of the dish you then see that you need to pay to add the protein.

I will not be going back to this restaurant with so many other choices.

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Food was average but it's the added rat dropping that turned me really off”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We used to go here until feb 2012. While dining one evening inside,a feces from a rat or gecko?? Dropped from the ceiling beams onto my husband's head. The only offer of any kind from the manager was a free dessert. Needless to say, we won't go back.

• Visited May 2012
“Okay with a touch of friendliness”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, atmosphere was good, service was really good. Vegetarian section in the menu was nice!