“Excellent shave ice”

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice
Ranked #1 of 21 Dessert in Kihei
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Description: All Shave Ice is Not Created Equal... We specialize in and are passionate about serving the BEST shave ice! Now open for 5 years, we have rapidly become recognized as the top shave ice shop in Maui and one of the top 3 shave ice shops in ALL of Hawaii! We are known for the softest ice (comparable to Waiola's on Oahu), the best tasting flavors (we make 100% of our flavors using premium fruit purees, fresh fruits (when available), extracts, and concentrates from Hawaii and all across the United States), and warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit! We specialize in our tropical fruit flavors. Our mango, coconut, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), and guava taste like biting into the fresh fruit itself. From the filtered water to the premium gourmet Roselani's Ice Cream to the homemade mochi and azuki add-ons, we have thought through every detail of the shave ice to provide the BEST tasting shave ice possible! Get rid of any preconceived notions of what a shave ice or snow cone is like.....this takes shave ice beyond the highest level imaginable!
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been to all the hawaii islands and this is one of the best I have had. The ice was shaved perfectly and the flavors very tasty. The Mac nut ice cream at the bottom was just right. Hit the spot on a hot day

Write a ReviewReviews (1,370)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I never knew what shaved Ice was until I tried Ululani's. I can't believe I've lived this long with out trying it. It is awesome. The mix of flavors with the ice and you HAVE to get ice cream on the bottom, preferably mac nut ice cream. The prices are steep but well worth it.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I'd never had "real" shave ice until we came here! Wow, light and fluffy! Many many flavor combinations to chose from.The one on Kiheh rd. has a bakery attached to it with fantastic key lime pie.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Staff is young and very friendly. They asked about our time on Kauai so far and gave us a few tips on their favorite places. It's hard to mess up shave ice, but there are definite differences from place to place. This one is somehow superior to others. A sign clearly states that if you find white spots in the ice (where the syrup didn't penetrate) as you eat, you should just go to the front of the line and ask for more to be added. Even though the line can get really long it's worth the wait.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Ululani's Shave Ice is truly the best. I cannot get shave ice like this a home. I recommend whatever flavor you get to get it with the cream and haupia ice cream. YUM! I think I ate shave ice everyday of my Maui vacation.