Review Highlights
Amazing trip with Miranda!

Reviewed November 25, 2016
dawnhbrady
Boulder, Colorado
Miranda is an outstanding guide!

Reviewed October 23, 2016
sosochee
Vancouver, Canada

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 25, 2016

I took a solo trip to Maui and promised my husband I wouldn't do any adventuring solo. I am so thanksful that I planned adventures with Miranda. We paddleboarded, did some yoga and mediatation on our boards, hiked through bamboo forest, swam in rivers and climbed waterfalls. Things I would not have been brave enough to do with out her. Miranda is an amazing guide, a true mermaid and whale whisperer! She has a deep love and respect for her island home. An adventure with her will bring you a lifetime of memories!

Reviewed October 23, 2016

I’m not the most comfortable in the water, but I wanted to see Hawaii's marine life. I went on Miranda’s snorkel tour with a friend who’s a great swimmer and both of us were able to get the most out of it. I don’t know how Miranda did it! She took the time to make sure I was alright putting my head under water while somehow, at the same time, showing my friend rare creatures in deeper water. Once I was able to get snorkeling, Miranda showed me the Humuhumunukunukuapua’a fish – Hawaii’s state fish (and super fun to say!), as well as the notoriously difficult to spot octopus, a myriad of colourful fish (there wasn’t one Miranda didn’t know), and, of course, big, happy turtles. By the end, we were having so much fun I didn't want to get out of the water!

On another day, we took a trip through the bamboo forest after admiring the nearby “rainbow trees” (an exquisite type of Eucalyptus tree) with Miranda as our guide. She’d smartly advised me to get a pair of swim shoes – they’re cheap and ideal for hiking in the muddy forest. The bamboo was incredible, the climb was safe, and we ended up at a beautiful waterfall. After some time swimming and getting a mineral massage by the natural falls, Miranda noticed some darker clouds rolling in. Her expertise was evident when she advised we leave; flash-floods are known to occur in the area (she later showed us a video of a flash flood at Commando recorded by a drone, scary stuff!). As we got closer to the roadside, we could see how much the water levels had already risen and it was raining by the time we reached the car.

Not only is she an experienced guide, Miranda’s kindness is hard to miss and her attitude towards adventure is infectious. Thanks, Miranda, for making my trip to memorable and so much fun! I’ve developed a deep love of Maui and can’t wait for my next adventure with my favourite guide!

Reviewed October 16, 2016

Where can I start? My partner and I wanted to experience the road to Hana during our time in Maui, and based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor we booked with Miranda. Before meeting we were emailing a little with Miranda and she was very keen to understand what experience we wanted I.e. More sightseeing, action packed, chilled car driving etc. We wanted to see everything we could so she was sure to tailor the experience to what we wanted.

The tour itself was flawless. After picking us up at 7:30am we visited a small local coffee shop for breakfast, then trekked to a waterfall that the larger tours won't stop at (we were the only people at the waterfall and it was truly a breathtaking experience). From there we stopped at an old church on the coast to see the views. We hiked to the most stunning red sand beach I have ever seen, we visited a black sand beach that was stunning. Miranda took us on an adventure in an underground lake with crystal clear water. We spent some time cliff diving (again, a spot known by the locals but not stopped at with larger tours), we visited a local vegan ice cream place and spent time looking for avocados and picking Surinam cherries on the estate (all because Miranda was friendly with the owners). Miranda also took us for some of the best food we have ever eaten, for lunch.

Having lived in Maui for 20 years Miranda has an excellent understanding of the island and the easiest (and fastest) ways to see all the sights you would like to see. A lot of people that do the tour experience a lot of traffic and sitting in traffic queues. The routes we took meant we sat in no traffic and often felt like the only people on the road. Miranda will also take you trekking to some places that are more 'off the trail' and unknown about, which means you get a truly unique experience.

The road to Hana tour took 12 hours for us, but truthfully it felt like only 4. The sights were amazing, but aside from that Miranda is the most FUN person to spend a day with. We did not stop talking and laughing the entire day, she was a real pleasure to spend the day with. We had such a good time with her that we met socially the next day for more fun! And now we truly consider her a friend of ours.

My partner and I went to Hawaii to get married, and aside from our wedding day, our time with Miranda doing the tour is our favourite memory of our time there. If you're considering doing this tour, Miranda is THE person to do it with, just don't mention Piers Morgan (a little joke Miranda will understand ;-)

1  Thank JoshGriffithsss
Reviewed September 22, 2016

Before leaving for Maui a friend of ours said 'make sure you book a trip with Miranda, she's the best'. There's a reason Miranda comes with that kind of recommend. Our day with her was one of our favourite days on Maui. Miranda helped us fall in love with Maui which is such a special place. Not only is she incredibly knowledgeable about the local flora & fauna, but her passion and love for the island is completely infectious. She took us to some incredible spots in and on the road to Hana and also tried to avoid any of large crowds so we really did feel like we had our own private tour. And to top it off, she's got a great sense of humour so we were laughing all the way through our day. Much love to you Miranda. xo

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Our friend had booked a tour with Miranda for us for our honeymoon and it was the best experience we had in our short time in Maui. Our tour not only consisted of The Road to Hana, but so much more. We took the back roads there starting at the bottom of Haleakala and made so many pit stops along the way to just soak in all the beautiful views! Her knowledge of the island was incredible. From the history to the vegetation, to the current situation they are in. We just loved our time with her. She did not seem like your typical tour guide she was so hands on and joined us in our adventures. We would totally book her for another trip when we go back to Maui!! Thank you so much Miranda!!

1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed June 7, 2016

We traveled yesterday on an all day adventure with Miranda to Hana! It was a group of 4 with 3 teenagers included. We had previously done the "road to Hana" a few times on our own on previous trips to Maui. The trip with Miranda blew those other 2 experiences out of the water.

Miranda drove our rental car and we could just sit back and relax on the journey. We first traveled around the back-side of Haleakala; something we had never done, stopping periodically for pics and to view the breathtaking scenery. She was prepared with water, juice, snacks etc..

Our activities included cliff jumping, visiting both the red sand beach and the black sand beach, a little hiking, and cave swimming. It was all done with an adventurous spirit and it was so much fun. Miranda knew all of the cool places to stop and for the most part we avoided the thick Hana crowds that are so typical of this excursion.

We have traveled all over the world and have had MANY private tour guides and we really liked her style. She was informative, knowledgeable about the area, the vegetation, the Hawaiian history and culture, but she wasn't over the top. We have had some guides who just talk and talk for hours on end until we cannot take one more "interesting fact" or "bit of trivia." My nineteen year old daughter commented that Miranda was more like an old friend rather than a tour guide. She also had a great sense of humor.

We loved it and would hire again for another excursion:)

2  Thank KamSmith
Reviewed June 3, 2016

Before our trip of a lifetime to Maui, I had read reviews of many private guides. Miranda stood out far above the rest. In fact when I finally called her I was shocked when she answered the phone herself! She seemed to be so important and popular! We were able to design a day that matched the desires and abilities of the four of us. I told her a few things we wanted to be sure and do, and asked her to add whatever she thought would be good. We could NEVER have found the places she took us. She is so much FUN too and it was hard to say goodbye at the end of our time together. She took us swimming in waterfalls...some were hidden away from the tourists. She took us to see the large sea turtles...at a time of day when they are usually out in the water for the day. Miranda knew where a few stragglers would be. It was amazing. She brought us local fruits and nuts to snack on, and took us to a quaint little place for lunch. She used her own camera to take beautiful photos of the day and then sent me the link. She seemed to be one of our group rather than a formal guide. She fit right in with our FUN and crazy bunch! If you want the absolutely BEST experience and best use of your short time on the island, do not hesitate to call and schedule Miranda! Call her early, as she understandably fills up fast! She picked us up at our ship and drove her own vehicle. The day was a DREAM and we also picked up a very important FRIEND along the way! Love Love Love Miranda! She will be added to my Christmas card list! We also look forward to a return visit at some point, and will definitely spend time with the vivacious and knowledgable Miranda!!! We are delighted to highly recommend her!

Reviewed May 27, 2016

We had the best time! This was a private tour that is unparalleled by any other tours we've taken in Hawaii. My husband, sister, and I, had the absolute joy of spending the day traveling around the entire south end of Maui with Miranda. Our hats are off to her for her gentle, enthusiastic, nature, and her extensive knowledge of this island she so loves. Miranda fits the tour to the abilities of the people in the party. It made a big difference for me personally. I was able to enjoy the tour, even though my knees prevent me from climbing up and down like I once did. From singing an old Hawaiian chant as we traveled in the car, to stopping by the roadside and picking seeds that can be used for beads in jewelry, to eating at an out of the way Thai food place in Hana for lunch, she is a wealth of information. She's never known a stranger, I'm sure. We were all immediately comfortable with her. As an added bonus, she drove the car! It was great for us to leave the driving in her capable hands. It was a 9 hour day, and we all came back to the condo with smiles on our faces. We will be in touch on our next Maui visit. The snorkel trip is high on our list. Thank you Miranda. Our applause and appreciation are yours!

Reviewed February 12, 2016

My wife and I did a 3-hour adventure with Miranda to celebrate our Anniversary, and it was AWESOME! We are locals, but Miranda showed us some secret spots where we got to swim in pristine waterfalls and take in amazing lush rainforests...even got to climb up a waterfall and jump off a rock face! In addition to her extensive knowledge of the plant and animal life, and her great company, Miranda provided us with a delicious fresh pineapple snack and some very special chocolate for our Anniversary. She also took some amazing photos which she provided to us as well. If you want to have a great adventure and see places that 99.9% of people never get see, this is the adventure for you! Would highly recommend it.

1  Thank AlohaSteve1
Reviewed December 31, 2015

Four of us (two adults and two 16 Yo girls) took the waterfall adventure hike and we all had a wonderful experience.
Miranda was extremely knowledgeable about the Hawaiian flora , fauna as well as the Native culture. We could never had this type of experience on our own.
Highly recommend.