“Whales and Waterfalls”

Maui Mana Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Maui Mana Adventures provides private, custom adventures that make you feel like a local. I have lived in Maui for over 20 years and have immersed myself into the culture, flora and fauna. I will show you places that took me many years to learn about. It will be a tropical island experience you won't forget! Just send me an email or give me a call and let's customize a tour for you and your group or family, snorkeling, hiking, playing in waterfalls, learning native plants and animals, etc. We can do it all in one day, if you'd like.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I decided to try out Maui Mana Adventures because I was only on the island for a short period of time and didn't want to spend all of my time doing research to go to the same places that all of the other tourists go. I had 2 hopes when I arrive. I wanted to try Stand Up Paddling, and I wanted to stand under a waterfall. Apart from that, I could not even have dreamed about what I experienced with Maui Mana Adventures.

The tour guide Miranda customized my 4-day trip according to what I had wanted to do. The first day she gave me instruction on how to SUP and we went to the spot where the whales like to swim and holy cow, three of them surfaced right up beside us!!! It was crazy and awesome. Then we snorkeled and she showed me creatures that I wouldn't have even noticed like flat fish and augers. Then the second day, we were on the stand up paddle boards and stopped to snorkel and a family of whales swam right under us. I kept asking myself 'is this real life?'

On the 3rd and 4th day we did an overnight trip to Hana, but not just driving the highway, we stopped along the way to hike to secret pools & waterfalls, through crazy bamboo forests, and we swam at a red sand beach. Then at night, she pointed out all of the constellations in the sky.

What I loved about these adventure were this:
- The tour guide Miranda was a certified naturalist with encyclopedic knowledge of everything on the island. Water, land, and sky.
- The trips were customized to my level of comfort (because I am a bit cautious, and maybe not as fit as I would like to be)
- I felt safe. We swam with our snorkels quite far and even though I might've been able to go on my own, I wouldn't have seen all of the turtles and unique fish that I did, and I wouldn't have gone out as far on my own.

I couldn't recommend their adventures enough. It was well worth the price because the adventures have changed my outlook on life. I wouldn't have found any of this on my own.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"sights"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've been coming to this island for over 10 years!!!

In 2 days Miranda was able to show me more than I've ever seen before. She is extremely knowledgeable about the most exclusive trails and adventure locations on the island -- again, things I had never even heard of before (after a decade of going there!).

My time with her was priceless. I was able to experience the island in ways no other visitors are able to. She also has extensive knowledge about the wild plants and animals, so I was really able to pick her brain about everything I saw.

Like I said, Miranda is Maui's Best. I'm grateful that someone referred me to her and I would refer anyone who goes there to her.

1  Thank Ben R
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Without knowing about Maui Mana Adventures, I wouldn't of had nearly as much fun/adventures/experience that I had in Maui! No other tourist guide could have showed me the hikes that Miranda knows. She made my trip unforgettable. From camping in Hana, to swimming in secret waterfalls that are 300 feet high, it was a dream come true! And if Hana wasn't enough, we then went Stand Up Paddling and whales came within a hundred feet of us! While supping we went snorkeling and you could hear these beautiful animals sing underwater. Its an experience I will never forget. Highly recommend!