“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Wonderful foodie restaurant. We had a wonderful experience once we found Chez Meme! Our GPS brought us to the back end of the restaurant and we had difficulty realizing we were there. Once in we had great service as we were the only patrons. I had a delicious roasted veggie salad and he had the french toast with pineapple. Yum! Wish we were going to be here for their dinner tonight but we'll have to come back to Maui again!!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We found this restaurant two days before the end of my vacation. We had breakfast there both remaining days. The place is spotless and charming. I had French Toast one day and an omelet the next. Both were great. The service was also outstanding. We will definitely go back when we return to Maui. Great find thanks to TripAdvisor.

1  Thank jackskis
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Chez Meme isn't exactly on the beaten path. It is about a mile north of most of the Kihei dining and shopping and about two blocks off S. Kihei Rd. Its about a 10 min drive or 20 min by bus from Wailea.

The menu is simple. My wife had their signature dish, the Brioche french toast covered with fresh fruit. Is it the best we've ever had? Can't remember, but we don't remember ever having any french toast that was any better. I had the eggs benedict. The eggs were poached perfectly and the hollandaise sauce was one of the best I've ever tasted. Added plus: Mimosa's $6.95!

The service is very good with no pressure. Thanks Bry! This is a place to have a relaxing breakfast (or lunch). The quality of the ingredients and preparation of the dishes is very good. I think the owner, Ryan, has chosen to do a limited menu extremely well rather than have a huge selection that is average. The restaurant is simple and extremely clean, but no AC. This is no Hole in the Wall.

If you want a really good quality breakfast and to be served by nice people (and don't need or want Four Seasons surroundings or prices), Chez Meme's is worth finding.

1  Thank rjshibata
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Family of 5 for breakfast on Father's Day! 2 boys, 10 and 11 are hard to find a place the pleases all, but they did! Perfect eggs Benedict ( eggs perfectly poached) with an outstanding hollandaise sauce! The French toast was also a big pleaser! Cute building with flow through breezes! We will be back!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our food, it was clean, comfortable, and fresh. The service was good. Prices were pretty fair. Waters weren't offered; seems like a basic thing here on Maui. I give 3 stars only because 4 and higher really have to wow me in a locations such as Maui.