“great bistro style restaurant”
Review of Chez Meme - CLOSED

Chez Meme
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

open about a year and a half, chez meme baguette bistro is located in an industrial section of kihei, not far from Eskimo Candy.
owner Ryan told us that he is aiming for good food at a reasonable price point.
this charming restaurant, in a beautifully decorated former
lawn mower repair shop, has been completely transformed . the space is quietly elegant.
i enjoyed my from'ton sandwich more than my husband liked his french toast. even so, we plan to return. he will order something else. french music completed the quiet, comfortable mood created in this nice space.
overall, good food and great surroundings make it worthwhile to seek out this newish restaurant.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went there twice, took a bit to actually find it but everything about this restaurant was good. The french toast is to die for and the eggs benny were fabulous also. Very nice staff and lovely atmosphere - open air dining room. Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Thanks to TA we found a place when looking for a nice breakfast spot. The location wasn't the best (largely small industrial) but they have really made an effort to make it a little bit of an oasis. The service was great, menu extensive and the food was perfect. It is less than a year old so the decor if modern and clean. There are about 15 tables inside and 3 or 4 outside.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

You have to stop on for breakfast here. Friendly staff great you and you palate is tantklized with exquisite flavors and expert preparation. We just eat here this morning and loved every mouthful. it was the first time we had desert after breakfast--homemade chocolate mousse. The decor really gives the feel of a bistro. My wife had the shrimp omelette while I stayed traditional with eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast. That said they seem to put their spin on just about everything but it's not over done. it was so good my wife forgot her hat!

For the right touch of taste please go out of the way for this bistro.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We tried this place for breakfast and were not disappointed. The server was extra friendly, and made the time to stop and chat with us while we waited for the meal. I chose the Baguette Willy, scrambled eggs with a creamy cheese sauce served on a baguette. My wife had the French toast with maple syrup and bananas. Both were delicious. We were so impressed that we went there again for lunch a couple of days later. Sadly, we were not as happy with our second experience. We both ordered salads; my Caesar Salad with Mahi Mahi was just ok, and the portion of fish was tiny. The lettuce was chopped (not torn) into tiny pieces and was somewhat bitter. My wife had the Brie & poached pear salad, and she reported that the additions were good, but the greens were tasteless and the dressing almost non-existent. Maybe we should have ordered a sandwich, as fresh bread from "The Bakery" in Lahaina is what they promote.

1  Thank Rogerw303