“100% Gluten-Free Italian”

Ranked #31 of 187 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This restaurant is 100% Gluten Free! We serve pizza, pasta , salads, fish & chips and more. Open for dinner 6 days a week. No worries about cross contamination if you have gluten issues.Good food for everyone, even if you don't have to eat gluten free!
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Welcome to 100% gluten free great tasting pizza on the south side of Maui.

Located in the Long's shopping center in Kihei, it was a short drive from our vacation rental in Makena.

My wife is gluten and dairy intolerant and I'm going along for the ride on the gluten-free diet. The kids sometimes are eating gluten-free, although not by choice.

We tried 3 pizzas - 1) The Mediterranean, which has a pesto sauce, but the pepperchinis are a little overwhelming; 2) A sausage and spinach and 3) Plain cheese.

The owner makes the crusts from scratch every morning, rather than the gluten-free frozen ones many other restaurants use. Since the owner and his son have Celiac's they are very knowledgeable about food allergies.

The tomato sauce was a little thin for my liking - I prefer a chunky tomato sauce - but everyone enjoyed their pizzas (even the kids) and we will be back.

1  Thank BayArea_Wildcat

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is the first restaurant I've experienced where everything on the menu is GF and noteworthy. I'm the only GF member of my family, and EVERYONE loved EVERYTHING here - the service was great, the menu had lots of choices, and the food was absolutely delicious.
Dinner service starts at 4 PM. I had the stuffed chicken and the house salad (shared with my husband). He has the fish and chips. My parents had the parmigiana - chicken and eggplant, as well as a caprese salad. The only topic of discussion during the meal was how good everything tasted. We finished off by sharing two desserts - the molten lava and an apple cobbler. Wow. I rarely find food this good anywhere - nevermind GF food this good.
Note - BYOB with a small corkage fee.
This place is well worth the trip. I hope to return for the brick oven pizza another time.

1  Thank nw_winecountry_girl
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My spouse (who has celiac) and I ate at this restaurant three times while on vacation in Maui. We would not only eat in but then also purchase extra food to take back to the room for the following day. It is great food for both those who have to eat gluten free and those who don’t. They have a great variety of appetizers, salads, dinner options, and desserts. Many of the selections are items that those with celiac normally never get to enjoy, (i.e. mozzarella sticks, fish and chips, molten lava cake and of course pizza!) It is delicious! The chefs make all of their bread, bread crumbs, and crusts from scratch. It was so relaxing for my husband to be able to order anything off the menu without having to worry about cross-contamination in the kitchen. It made travel much easier than usual. It is a family run restaurant with great service and atmosphere. They are in an easily accessible location on South Kihei Road. I highly recommend checking them out.

2  Thank Sara S S
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stopped here on a whim after shopping for supplies at Long's next door. We ordered the Mediterranean pizza and added goat cheese. Also, a regular pepperoni and sausage pizza. The Mediterranean pizza was truly the best I've ever had. All the ingredients were fresh. Then, we found out the crust was gluten free!! None of the people in our group have a problem with gluten, but all agreed the crust was absolutely delicious (not like cardboard tasting crusts that you find in some gluten free products). They do not serve beer, but allowed us to bring our own for a small fee. We would highly recommend Brick Oven Pizza and will return there on our next trip to Maui.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Gluten free!!! the Whole restaurant. Some of the best pizza I have had, defiantly the best gluten free pizza. Server was great, very genuine vibe. met the owners. solid people. I wish we found this place sooner as they have many great GF items. We also had the Mozza sticks !! so good. small space but I think most of their business is take out. Price was totally fair!

Been to Maui Brick Oven? Share your experiences!