“Patti and Don are Great”
Review of Anapa Place Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Anapa Place Inn
Ranked #5 of 16 Kihei B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just spent five enjoyable days and miss it already. Agree with previous review that you have to get past exterior appearance for most "mainlanders" to see the quality inside. Although some rooms had separate exterior entrance, you are staying in someone's house so do not be surprised with that. Our bed was fine and enjoyed excellent DirecTV (which is what we have at home) and Wi-Fi connection. Patti and Don are great hosts that help in any way they can to make the stay enjoyable. Morning (all day) coffee and baked goods were wonderful and always available. We had private entrance thru sliding glass door with adjacent parking place. Last Tuesday nights cookout with all the guests was a lot of fun and great to meet all. Really appreciate Don and Patti hosting that. For us it was just enough privacy but also nicely social. We shared bathroom with another couple but that worked fine. We also appreciated the readily available beach towels and beach chairs. We'd go back next time in Maui and would recommend do our friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cgphsret2000
There are newer reviews for Anapa Place Inn

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for 6 nights and found it quite delightful. Yes, the outside can be a little concerning when you first drive up, we weren't sure we had the right place, and not 100% sure we would stay. However, once we walked inside, it was a whole different story. It was not only very clean, but also very homey and inviting. Our room (master suite) had everything we needed including a refrigerator. The baked goods are delicious and there's so many extras included that it makes a HUGE difference in your stay. There's fresh baked goods every morning and coffee, snacks, yogurt, fresh fruits and veggies, all condiments and cooking spices, a deck with BBQ, coolers if you want one, maps, books, beach chairs, beach towels, literally anything you need, just ask patti. The only thing I can say that's not 100% perfect is that the bed was not the most comfortable. It wasn't terrible, but we did toss & turn and wake up pretty stiff. Some memory foam toppers would make a huge difference, but other than that, this place was great. And seriously, you can't beat the price and the location. Not to mention gracious and welcoming hosts.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Benizziranch
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying here numerous times on my visits to Maui and have always found this place to be clean, comfortable and safe! The rooms are very nicely decorated and all rooms include a small refrigerator, nice flat screen TV, private entrance/exit, a lanai and parking spot. The host and hostess, Don & Patti, are awesome! Both are ready with tips on the best places to sightsee, best time to go, and are even willing to supply guests with beach chairs. boogie boards, coolers, beach towels, etc (they have lived on Maui for over 25 years and are very knowledgeable about the island.) Patti's homemade baked goods are legendary! Breakfast consists of homemade breads, fruits, yogurts,,oatmeal coffee, teas and she always has a snack bowl out with chips, candy, cookies and popcorn for a late afternoon or night time snack. This place is one of the best deals on the island and I can't wait to visit again! Aloha

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jenningsgirl
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I think this TripAdvisor review for this location was VERY misleading. I actually got to the address and thought, "surely I am in the wrong place." With tears in my eyes truly the worst nightmare of what a Maui experience is suppose to be. The home is in horrible disrepair complete with tarps as a roofing system and plywood nailed to the outside of the home as siding. In addition, the house doesn't even have a door nob or locking system - anyone off the street could come in the middle of the night if they wanted to - not a nice neighborhood either. The yard also has lots of tools, trash cans, and even a pool table covered with a tarp in the yard. I will say the inside is a better than the outside but still very unsettling. My room was well put together but a few things got me: an animal dropping of sorts on the side nightstand/shelf and very dusty around the furniture. In addition, the bed was absolutely terrible! I've been to third world countries and slept on cots better than this. The twin bedroom is very old (the mattress is stained if you pick up the sheets and look) and has an egg crate to try and mask the slanted bed and its age of wear and tear.

Mrs. Patti is a lovely lady and an excellent host. Great snacks and homemade goodies for your time of stay. The Breakfast part of 'b&b' is definitely there, but the bed isn't. If the home was in better condition and the bed allowed more than two hours of sleep a night, I'd stay there again simply because of her hosting and it being in Kehei, even though the neighborhood isn't ideal. To note: my family owns a bed and breakfast that I grew up at and this is a far cry from what I know to be a bed and breakfast.

If you are wanting a nice, relaxing, and comfortable Maui experience, this is NOT the place to stay. If you have expectations that are low and just want a 'clean' place to sleep that is cheap, this is the place. It isn't terribly dirty by any means on the inside but it will not be what I call a vacation. Having a nice place to sleep where you can sleep well is vacation. This will not be provided here.

It is not my character to do such a horrible review of something but I seriously couldn't believe that the reviews on here (which I judged by bc of there being no website - which should have been a red flag anyways) were so great and the place is absolutely NOT like what is described here - with the exception of the host being lovely - they are truly lovely. In addition, the pictures of the inside are fine and true but the outside pictures are NOTHING of what the house looks like, at all. When I say I drove around because I thought I had the wrong address, I am not kidding. Truly a vacation nightmare for those wanting to experience Maui comfortably - and I have been to Maui many times. I had to find other arrangements for the rest of my vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
13  Thank Danielle M
Koadogawoga, Owner at Anapa Place Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I don't usually respond to reviews. I believe the good reviews speak for themselves, and the not so good ones? I can't please everyone, even tho I try. But I also believe this guest was being unduly harsh. When she booked the room, she told me she was coming to Maui to visit relatives who would be here at the same time. They would be staying at the 5 star, $500/night Four Seasons. (Unfortunately, they wouldn't have room for her, and she would have to find her own accommodations.) So how would you compare that to a homey B&B for $49/night?

I do admit the outside of my B&B looks nothing at all like the inside, as she would already know by reading previous reviews. We have been saving for a few years now, and expect to replace the roof and siding this coming spring. And while there is no knob on the front door, all of the rooms have locks on them. We live on a cul de sac off of a cul de sac in a little town on a small island. Many folks here don't lock their doors

But I suspected she wasn't going to stay as soon as she arrived. After the one night, she was packed and leaving at 7 am the next morning. I offered her another room (a bigger room with a larger bed) but she wouldn't even look at it, or give me the opportunity to alleviate her concerns.

A couple of hours later, her relative (her aunt, I think) called from the Four Seasons and asked me what happened? Her aunt had recommended us to this guest. The aunt had friends who stayed with us last year (in the Master suite) and very much enjoyed their stay, she said they were quite happy and totally satisfied with the accommodations.. I relayed my thoughts on our interactions, and my feelings that she had no intention of staying at my little B&B because she REALLY wanted to stay with them at the Four Seasons. And who wouldn't?

As for the tiny gecko dropping, it's Hawaii. Geckos live in everyone's house. Even in the Four Seasons. I cleaned her room myself, and it wasn't there after I dusted and waxed. And I do have a very nice website, anapaplaceinn.net. That claim was completely false.

I truly believe this guest was just angry at me for telling her aunt my opinion as to why she left, and that is why her review was so unduly harsh.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed there three nights at the beginning of our trip to Hawaii. It was really nice. The room was nicely decorated, very clean with a private little fridge and a TV. Our room also had access to our private lanai which was really nice and cute. We ate there one night and it felt so relaxing. The bathroom was also really clean.

Patty was really nice, really sweet. We didn't get to chance to see her a lot since we were leaving the B&B early in the morning and coming back late in the evening, but when we had questions, she was always willing to answer and help us. She provided us with beach towels and with a reusable bag for the grocery store so we wouldn't have to pay for bags, how nice!

I absolutely recommend this place ! (Come for the hosts, stay for the banana bread, delicious!)

Room Tip: Take the front room, with one double bed, the lanai is more private and hidden by a big tree.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Junglemilie
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Perfect for exploring Maui. Although the exterior gives the wrong impression, the rooms are nice, the hosts very nice and willing to advise, lend a cooling box etc. Breakfast with excellent banana bread. Once a week a meal is prepared for all guests. Good price quality. Recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Anapa Place Inn is a very clean, charming and friendly place. It is a perfect surf south shore location; close to cool bars and restaurants. We miss the Saturday night dinners (especially Don's chili) & Pattie's banana bread...
we'll be back.
Eva & Alex from Switzerland

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank E P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Maui Coast Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kihei
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
Kohea Kai Resort Maui,
Ocean Breeze Hideaway
What a Wonderful World Bed and Breakfast

Been to Anapa Place Inn? Share your experiences!