“home on the other side of the planet”
Review of Anapa Place Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Anapa Place Inn
Ranked #5 of 16 Kihei B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“home on the other side of the planet”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Anapa Place Inn is a very clean, charming and friendly place. It is a perfect surf south shore location; close to cool bars and restaurants. We miss the Saturday night dinners (especially Don's chili) & Pattie's banana bread...
we'll be back.
Eva & Alex from Switzerland

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank E P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Concord, California
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was my first time staying at a B&B and traveling alone. So I didn't know what to expect and being that I am very introverted I was very nervous. But Patti and Don, the owners, were so kind and showed me such Aloha spirit that I felt like I was staying in the home of friends. The room was clean and for the price and location could not be beat! You have full use of the kitchen which I used often to cut up delicious local fruit. Patti also bakes delicious homemade goodies for the guests periodically and there's always something delicious tempting you on the kitchen counter. If you stay overnight on a Sat night don't miss the house BBQ. Patti and Don are great story tellers and it was a lot of fun meeting the other guests from around the WORLD and to hear their stories of their adventures on Maui so far. And the burgers were delicious :) courtesy of Chef Don. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Maui36
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Amazing bang for the buck. Very nice hostess. Lovely house. We had a great time. Yummy cakes. I think I put on some (more) weight :) :) :)
Located in a quiet neighbourhood within walking distance from the beach

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BigRIt
San DIego, CA
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I loved my stay with Patti and Don! They provide a comfortable, clean, affordable and homey atmosphere, are around when you want them while giving you all the space you need when you want it. As a senior single woman, feeling safe is an important factor for me and I felt like I was visiting old friends! The breakfast offers many choices including Patti's homemade goodies and is available all day. The upper deck is a great place to catch the tropical breezes while eating breakfast or winding down from the day. Use of the kitchen is also an option and there's a grill available on the deck. I am returning for 8 days in December and can't wait to see the improvements Don is continually making on the property!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
CO
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a great place to stay for the price. Our room and the shared bathroom were very clean. The homemade treats and Saturday night dinner were delicious. Patti and Don have good suggestions if you ask for them, but they give you privacy if you desire. It did not feel as private as other B&Bs we have stayed at because you enter through the front door of the house and pass through the kitchen area to get to your room. We often crossed paths with other guests or Patti and Don.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sliggyd
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Aloha!

My boyfriend & I stayed with Don & Patty for 14 days, two years ago. I NEVER write reviews, & we still think about the wonderful experience we had. I just contacted Patty because I am moving to the island soon, and know friends and family who are wanting a great new place to stay. I would say I have high expectations for living/vacationing, and they meet and exceeded my expectations.

This was the most wonderful vacation spot. Centrally located to everything. Patti and Don (owners) were genuine nice people and wonderful hosts. They know how to run a bed and breakfast! While Keeping everything clean & orangized, they still made you feel right at home.
Anything extra we needed was supplied. Beach chairs, boogie boards, snorkel equipment, towels and coolers.
You should look forward to being spoiled by Patti's excellent baked goodies and you even have the full use of the great kitchen. Patti and Don hosted a great dinner night every Saturday night. While my boyfriend and I are very social people we planned on being out of the house more, and to our surprise we ended up spending many hours with Don & Patti & really enjoyed there company, they seem like the grandparents youve always dreamed of type of atmosphere.
I will recommend this Inn to everyone that is planning to go to Maui & Unlike most places you stay, the pictures supplied on this site look exactly like the property, bathrooms & bedrooms. So no surprises there.
Thanks again Patti and Don! Ill be moving to the island in two months, looking forward to stopping by and saying Aloha!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Only stayed with Patti and Don for four nights and we wish we could have stayed longer - a lovely and very relaxed place, the owners are making you feel right at home. Any questions you might have, they go out of their way to help you! Our room was small but very well equipped with fridge, fan and lots of towels (also beachtowels). It got very hot in the room though, even with the fan going so if you prefer it a little cooler you might want to enquire about rooms with aircon (not sure whether they have any). Breakfast is self-serve with fresh fruit, yoghurt, snacks, breadrolls AND Pattis wonderful cakes and breads - she has incredible baking skills making you look forward to every breakfast :). All day snack corner was great and there's also a coin operated laundry and dryer at the back. We were invited to their wonderful Saturday night's dinner - the best American hamburgers you could wish for, thanks so much, it was incredibly yummy!!
Don't be put off by the exterior which is a little messy we thought - this guesthouse is super super clean (we've stayed at quite a few places where the kitchen and bathroom were rooms you did not want to enter - this was the complete opposite!) and sharing two bathrooms between for guestrooms was absolutely no problem, they were always immaculate! Not far from the sea or some nice restaurants & shops.
Thanks Don & Patti, we hope to be back sometime soon :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flauschipoohbear
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
#14 of 32 in Lahaina
Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Kohea Kai Resort Maui,

Been to Anapa Place Inn? Share your experiences!