“Pork Chops to die for!”

Kono's on the Green
Reserve with OpenTable
Kono's on the Green is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 177 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lipoa
Hawaii
“Pork Chops to die for!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We have been following chef Kono ever since he began working at Diamond Resort (now Hotel Wailea), Maui Beach Hotel, Antonio's and now Kono's on the Green. It was our first dining at Kono's since he opened this restaurant and was surprised at now nice the place had been renovated from the previous owner. I was planning on ordering a pasta dish since I know how good his Italian food is at Antonio's. However, I changed my mind after I saw seafood saffron soup, and crab and shrimp cream croquette on the menu, tow items you don't normally see elsewhere. I thought they were both good, however, when I took a bite of my husband's Kurobuta pork chop, I couldn't get enough! It is the absolutely best pork chops I have eaten! It is a must for any meat eater. Kurobuta is a highly prized variety of pork in Japan, and I don't know anywhere else on Maui where you can get it.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank shiina

Kihei, Hawaii
“Everybody should try Kono's”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Outdoor dining at sunset time is just like the Maui of 30 years ago. Awesome food (best rack of lamb I've ever had), really friendly service, decent prices. Ask for Chelsea to be your server!

BK

• Visited December 2012
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
“Great Food and Fantastic Service”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Kono's on the Green is a great friendly place with excellent food. We were playing golf at Elleair and after a great game in fantastic weather thought we would stop by for some local food. The service was island friendly and the food was excellent. The Ahi Carpaccio was wonderful. Great selection of seafood. Check it out.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Frequently have lunch at Kono's. The loco moco and the burgers . Juicy hamburger patties. Had dinner there twice and the steak was awesome. Since day one till now service has improved. Recommend Kono's to all my friends.

1 Thank Scottmaui11
Las Vegas, Nevada
“This is the $$$ spot”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Can't beat the food here. Service awesome, staff awesome, golf course awesome. I feel awesome!!! You cannot spend your money any better way. Thanks Mr. Kono.

Visited November 2012