“Outstanding!”
Review of Surf Yoga Maui

Surf Yoga Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf and progress your skills! We offer private, semi-private, and group surf lessons. We also offer a 3 day private surf progression/surf camp. Surf lessons are two hours. All equipment included. Located in Kihei at Kalama Park. The gentle break of the wave and semi-shallow water make this one of the best places to learn to surf, progress your skills, and have fun!
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I did five day's of surf lessons with Surf Yoga Maui and it was an awesome experience from start to finish! Booking was a simple and straightforward process and I was really pleased how quickly they were able to arrange my lessons. The lessons were outstanding! The feedback and tips I received from Eddie, my instructor, were perfectly timed, easy to apply, and communicated clearly. I could not have hoped for a better teacher to help me improve my surfing! This is a small company that went out of its way to make my experience the best it could be. It is hard to imagine that there is a better operation on Maui. I can't wait to get more days on the water with them!

SurfYogaMaui, Owner at Surf Yoga Maui, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Aloha! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with Surf Yoga Maui. We look forward to next time. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We contacted Summer and her staff to teach our daughters to to surf. The girls are 7 and 9 and were both excited to learn but they were also very nervous about it. They started out very timid with our instructor, Eddie, being very quiet when he asked them questions and looking a wee bit nervous. But as the lesson progressed Eddie's easy going approach won them over and they became more confident in the water. It was a truly enjoyable lesson for them and for us to watch. We totally trust Eddie and Summer with the instruction and good care of our girls.

Thank you for such a positive and memorable experience. We will definitely be back next year!

We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with Surf Yoga Maui. We look forward to next time. Thank you for the review! Aloha!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I surfed with Eddie for two days in a private lesson both times. After years of surfing once every couple years in exotic places, these were really the lessons that put me over the edge. There's no question that Eddie's patient coaching and keen eye for technique made this best experience ever. Not your typical day care kind of surf lesson. I even drove all the way from the north side of the island to get to my second lesson. It was that good! Highly recommend. Didn't get to practice yoga with Summer but next time. Thanks, y'all.

Mahalo for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with Surf Yoga Maui. We look forward to next time. Aloha!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was referred to Surf Yoga Maui by one of the owners' sister who is a friend of mine in Austin and I'm so glad I contacted them!We loved this for our kids! Our four and six year old took lessons with Eduardo (Eddie) and had the best time! He is a total kid person and the fact that our daughter went out on a surfboard with him and didn't scream is a total miracle. She had so much fun and our son got up and even on a busy day full of other learners it was still successful. As a mom, I completely trusted him with my kids out there (way out there) and they did so well. I highly recommend this as a first time experience for surfing with kids and adults as well. One note, if you get motion sickness take Dramamine because my husband did get motion sick on the surfboard and had to come in so that was a bummer but otherwise totally great experience all around. The kids loved it!

SurfYogaMaui, Owner at Surf Yoga Maui, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Out of all of our paid excursions, this was by far our favorite! Waking up to yoga on the beach with Summer was wonderful! My kids and husband had never done Yoga and she tailored a class that was great for them too and our view of the ocean was so relaxing. What I especially loved about it was that the session really worked those muscles that we would be using later in the day for surfing. Surfing was fantastic too! It was my first time as well as my kids and the instructors were so patient. They made it fun and not scary and we all ended up getting up right away. On top of it, Eddie, Summer and the staff were also so nice and accomodating! I much preferred going with a small shop. I saw surf schools that had 10-20 students getting ready to go out and surf and wondered how they were going to be able to pay attention to everyone. We didn't have that worry since it was just us. We got an hour and a half in the water with just our family which allowed us to practice getting up over and over again. This is a must if you are in Maui!

SurfYogaMaui, Owner at Surf Yoga Maui, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014