“Fantastic breakfast and coffee.”

Lava Java Coffee Roasters
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Kihei
Cuisines: American
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic breakfast and coffee.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

A great place to go to grab either a bakery breakfast to go or a sit down breakfast with a great waterfront view. Lava Java has great meals and great service. Always crowded, get their earlier than later. Food has been consistantly good, decently priced for the island and great coffee.Worth at least one visit.

• Visited September 2013

Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“STOP - THIS IS THE BEST COFFEE WE'VE TASTED!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Huh, seen the negative review, YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME??? I'm a gal with ZERO sense of smell, I can only taste sweet, sour, bitter and salt. Let me say that I NEVER have an after taste unless it's a bad one. I'm in Michigan now drinking my hot coffee (yes it's cold out already!) and NOTHING compares to this coffee! Either the Granita (cold) in Maui or out of my grinder hot, the after taste is back and it is AWESOME! They've ruined me I tell ya! Thank you for devotion to us coffee drinkers, this stuff is AMAZING!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sandra A
“Everything you need for a short break”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I enjoyed a good coffee, a chocolate milk and a 'POG' and free wifi.
What do you want more to relax?

• Visited August 2013
Mountainside, New Jersey
“Great coffee and coffee drinks”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Lava Java hooked us on their frozen coffee drinks during our recent stay in Maui. My daughter and I tried them one day and then brought the whole family back for a second round. They were also very helpful and informative regarding Hawaiian coffee.

• Visited August 2013
Patrick P, Owner at Lava Java Coffee Roasters, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Greetings Steve K.,

Thank you for your lovely review. It is always nice to receive feedback and I am thrilled that you love our Granita, aka, Frozen Kona Mocha. If you would like to share it with friends on the Mainland, it can be found on our website and I am happy to ship it to you. We'll look forward to seeing you on Maui again soon.

Best Wishes and Aloha,
Patrick Patterson, Owner
south coast
“If you want good coffee, try somewhere else.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

For coffee roasters they are very stingy with their coffee. The cappuccino was more like frothy milk than coffee. We asked for it strong, but it was too weak to have any taste. Even the froth was watery and not creamy, like they used skim milk. The frozen mocha is good, but avoid the hot drinks. The owner is helpful, but the staff are surly. Find somewhere else for a good coffee.

• Visited July 2013
Patrick P, Owner at Lava Java Coffee Roasters, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Greetings Vivapilates,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to read that you were completely unsatisfied with your cappuccino, and your experience at Lava Java Coffee Roasters. There are actually two issues that are alarming to me. First, I am completely mortified to hear that my staff was surly with you. Customer service is of the utmost importance to me. It is reviews like yours that help me guage my staff when I am not in the store myself. I would appreciate knowing the day and time you were in so that I may speak with the barista and correct this problem.

Secondly, I am equally unhappy to hear that the cappuccino quality was dismal. I do wish you had asked for a new one to be pulled, however I understand not wanting to when the service attitude was already questionable.

I will be bringing your review up at our next staff meeting. If you happen to still be on Maui, I would love the opportunity to pull a correct cappuccino for you, at no charge. Thank you again for your review, it will be discussed.

Aloha,
Patrick Patterson, Owner

Been to Lava Java Coffee Roasters? Share your experiences!