“Awesome ice coffee and more!”

Lava Java Coffee Roasters of Maui
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Kihei
Cuisines: American
Description: We specialized in Maui-grown coffee. We have a full coffee bar, and excellent frosty granitas. We have bags of coffee to take home, and fun items to shop and take home. Owner operated, come support small, local business! :-)
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I went into Lava Java to get a Red Dirt Shirt and ended up being educated about Maui coffee from a very passionate coffee retailer. After the "education" I was offered a sample of ice coffee they had for sale and it was very good.

I bought a shirt, a large ice coffee and will be ordering some of Lava Java ground coffee for personal use.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Although there's no free Wi-fi here, we ended up having lattes here 7 days in a row because we grew to love the place - and the coffee was great! We ordered our coffee (be prepared for a wait, this isn't Starbucks!) then sat out on the porch which had a view across the main road to the ocean. Very pleasant. It will be our go-to coffee shop every time we are in Kihei.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I had a terrible experience at Lava Java and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. After I discovered that the cream in the dispenser was rotten I asked for some fresh cream. They gave me what appeared to be a "thimbel full". When I asked for a "normal serving" they told me I would have to pay extra. The owner and the staff were very rude. The coffee is mediocre and overpriced. Only go there if you like being ripped off.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

very personable owner. Ask for a punch card, 10 drinks & 1 free. Our family went for hot coffee & frozen coffe drinks.
The coffee is fabulous. Very welcoming.
large assortment of coffee choices.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The customer service was great, offered tastes of fresh brew as well as blended ice drinks. Could be a little understaffed.