“Great facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Gym Maui

The Gym Maui
Ranked #1 of 34 Spas & Wellness in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: A multi-level gym facility for residents and visitors,providing various equipment and classes for all fitness levels as well as mixed martial arts.
Chewelah, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great facility”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

With my husband experiencing serious hip issues (hip replacement planned in Jan.), we were unable to do our usual activities when visiting Maui for 3 weeks. Therefore I called all the fitness facilities on the island and narrowed it down to two, which we visited. We both have spent years in the sports/fitness industry, so had a good idea what we were looking for. The Gym Maui had great equipment, good prices, and very friendly staff. At this time, they don't offer many classes, so I attended some classes at another gym (I teach fitness classes for a community college and wanted to observe some different instructor styles), but chose this gym for regular strength and cardio machine workouts. With the cost at this gym, I was able to pay for the classes at the other gym and still stay within a good price. We were extremely happy with our experience here; we'll definitely take out a short term membership at this gym again when/if we return to Maui.

2 Thank 544Heidi1113

San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comprehensive Gym- Excellent Value!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This place has everything you need to keep your fitness up while visiting Maui. I was in town for 5 of the last 7 weeks and credit The Gym Maui for helping me regain my endurance and strength coming back from medical leave. The variety of equipment and training tools helped me keep mixing it up daily (plyometrics, strength, boot camps, cardio, agility, etc.), keeping my muscles confused and my endurance challenged. The trainers are very friendly, knowledgeable and have great energy! Super clean and an amazing value! looking forward to making this part of my Maui routine!

1 Thank M W
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Fantastic Gym”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Second day we were in Kihei we decided we would check out the gyms in the area as going to a new gym was one of the things we wanted to experience on our vacation. We had alook at all of the Gyms and ended up last at the Gym Maui. We knew right away that this was the place we would sign up.

We have been working out there now for a week, the atmosphere is very relaxed, yet very motivating, everyone young and old is there to have a good workout. There is a wide variety of equipment with many pieces for each type of movement. There is also a section for wrestling/boxing/ Jujitsu, we dont do any of those, but its cool to watch while working out, everyone is very friendly.

The gym staff is great, the first day we asked about some places to visit and eat and were given what turns out to be great suggestions, we are trying them all.

Make sure you try out this gym, its a great experience.

Bill and Sandie W.

Renton, Washington, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great gym when you're traveling to Maui”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

A great gym that I would use regularly if I lived in Maui. As a traveler, what impressed me most was the level of accommodation and service they provided given that they knew was a short term user. The pricing for temp usage was very reasonable and they had everything I needed for a complete workout. Friendly staff, excellent equipment and resources.

Visited September 2013
San Jose
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent choice for workouts during visits”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was staying in Maui for two weeks and the gym at the hotel was completely inadequate for that length of time.

I searched online and found Gym Maui and was very, very happy. Very friendly at the desk and I didn't encounter anyone inside the gym with any "attitude". Pretty easy to find and parking, though limited, wasn't a problem as "overflow" is available with very little walking. They have a pretty large space in a light industrial area a little east of "downtown" Kihei. Unfortunately it's not really "walking distance" from most hotels (but that's not really a huge negative - very short drive).

Good selection of free weights. Dumbbells up to 150 with duplicates up to about 45(?). Machines were all VERY up to date, well maintained, and very good selection. Impressive really.

I went early afternoons and there was rarely a wait - maybe a dozen people working out? It got a little busier after 3pm (?). Mix of ages with slight emphasis on late teens/early 20's. Low percentage of women, but there are lots of evening classes and I can't say what the mix was later. Again though - everyone was very pleasant though I'm pretty sure I was the only visitor there. Of course they LIVE in Maui, so it's like "cheating" on the being pleasant thing... ;)

The only downside was an extremely limited selection / quantity of aerobic equipment (though they have plenty of bikes downstairs for spin classes). Kind of "one of each" - though I didn't use any on my visit. I SUSPECT most people just do aerobics outside (because Maui...)

And while they had an upstairs with PLENTY of room for stretching, body weight stuff, the main floor almost had "too many" pieces of equipment. I found myself dodging around other people working out a tiny bit - but then it's rare to find a gym you don't have to worry about this and it was minimal here. And it wasn't so much that it was unsafe or anything...

Overall, I won't even bother to look at anywhere else next visit. And if I lived there, I would join this place.

Visited September 2013