“Wonderful tropical village feeling to this condo”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Kihei Garden Estates
Ranked #34 of 60 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Great place to relax. Complex is cozy - just big enough to have all the amenities, but not so huge that it feels isolating. Well maintained pool, garden, bbq. Beautiful tropical gardens. It's in a quiet area, yet the main drag and they shops are just a block away. Sunset from the beach across the road and behind another condo complex is spectacular. Kihei's a perfect base from which to explore Maui.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ozlitfam

Reviewed January 22, 2011

We have stayed here twice now, in unit D-104 both times. It is a very nice, updated unit and the owners are a pleasure to deal with. The pool and courtyard are great for kids, and everything you need is only a short walk away, including the beach and great restaurants (try Roy's, and Maui Taco). The supermarket is right next door, and the Azeka shopping plaza is just to the north. We definitely plan to come back again and again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank eastmeetswestCanada
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We stayed in C107. everything was perfect a/c worked, pool/hot tub was always clean, the beach across the street. Star market/ liquor store behind us and We made it to mass on sunday across the street-- Amen

Dan & Terri

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fishstik1
Reviewed November 28, 2009

I stayed in unit C103, I can't speak for all units.

Pros:
Fairly spacious for a 1 bedroom suite – nice sized living/dining area.
Furnished nicely.
Well supplied – towels, kitchen supplies, beach towels, beach chairs.
Nice pool/BBQ area.
Quiet area of town.
Adjacent to supermarket and 1 block from Azeka mall (which boasts one of Maui’s best restaurants – Stella Blues).
Clean unit, but I did slay a couple large cockroaches.
The rental agent picked me up from the airport and even gave me a mini-tour on the way to the condo.
Ample parking.
About 100 yards from the ocean but the beach is full of seaweed so you wouldn’t swim there.

Cons:
There is no ocean view. The lanai looks onto the street at a 90 degree angle from the ocean. If you turn and look towards the ocean, all you can see is the berm that is in front of the beach. If you stand up you can see a little sliver of the horizon above the berm – that’s your ocean view.
Not so quiet. If there’s nobody in the suite above you, the unit is quiet. But when there’s somebody above you, the sound of feet and chairs on the floor above is very noisy – a two year old running across the floor at 7am sounds like a freight train.
The A/C unit is fairly loud.
No Internet access but I was able to scoop an open low signal from a nearby source. But the signal wasn’t strong enough for my iPhone to pick it up.
Cell coverage is poor – calls are broken and dropped.
The wireless phone in the unit has a very noisy connection – almost impossible to use.
Long distance calls cannot be made OR received on the unit’s phone.
The beach nearby is full of seaweed and it’s stinky.
Can’t pay with a credit card which is fairly inconvenient.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank DeepFrozenCanuck
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We have stayed many times and always enjoyed the Kihei Garden Estates. This was the first time we had our three grandkids ages 9 and two 3 years olds. The stairs for the 2 bedroom with loft units are straight up to get in the unit and the loft stairs are even worse. Our 3 year olds fell down the stairs twice, broke the glass dining table. We were so frustrated we removes the glass inserts on the coffee and end tables, removed the glass doors on the entertainment center and took all the ceramic and breakable decorations and put them safely away. The loft was so hot we all slept downstairs. We love the condos but would get a ground floor unit with no glass furniture and no stairs when we go back. Great family pool (fence and locked for kids safety) hot tub and the outdoor grills were wonderful for pool side dinners. Overall we love this place, no bugs and the grounds and pool are cleaned every morning. There is lots of free on site parking and is a one minute walk to the beach. The location is ideal with a grocery store and mall a 2 minute walk and a quick drive to anywhere on the island.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank qwiksandtk
Reviewed September 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this complex for 12 days with our 4 teenagers starting August 13th. We stayed in unit C203 and it was even better than the owner had described. It had been redecorated a couple of years ago and it still looks fantastic. It's done in a Hawaiian/tropical theme without going overboard. It's a two story that has a bedroom downstairs and loft (open bedroom that overlooks the front room) upstairs. It also has a couch that pulls out into a bed in the living room, two bathrooms - one on each level, a small kitchen with all the major appliances including a full size oven, high speed internet, a dining area (a bar with two chairs and a table with four chairs), 3 TVs (one in each bedroom and one in the living room), a balcony that you can see the ocean from - we ate a breakfast of local fruit out on it almost every morning, and best of all (according to my wife) it has a washer and dryer in the unit. It also comes with items like a blender, beach towels, one small boogie board, sand chairs, sand toys, etc. She even has a copy of Maui Revealed. I would STRONGLY recommend you read this if it's your first time to Maui. I knew where to go and what to expect when I got there. I read a friend's copy a couple of months before I left and then used her copy as a reference around the island - priceless!
The grounds were very well taken care of. They were painting different areas when we were there. Part of which was the stairs up to our room. Even though they only painted half of a side at a time (so we could go up the other side), they apologized for being in our way. The pool was very large, clean, warm, and empty (of people). We only used it when we were barbequing. The full time residents of the complex were very much willing to share their knowledge of the island - say "Hi" to Dana C104?
I highly recommend staying in C203 at the Kihei Garden Estates. Melanie, the owner of the condo, was excellent to deal with. She answered all of my questions and she always did exactly what she said when she said she'd do it - I was talking with her a couple of days prior to my final payment and I told her to go ahead and charge me now, but she didn't. She didn't charge me until she said she would in our original agreement.
We had never been to Maui before and were very pleased with the location of the complex. Although we visited beaches all over the island, most of the beaches we went to were in south Maui. Star Market is literally right around the corner from the complex, but it is VERY expensive. You're better off going to Safeway, Costco, or any other market for that matter - they are THAT expensive. Costco is an excellent place to get a lot of your grocery shopping done at. Most of the prices are at or close to the same prices as here at a Costco on the mainland.
A couple of the extras we did were;
Parasailing with UFO. My three oldest teens, 18, 17, & 15, did the 1200' and they loved it. Two of the workers at the beach blamed us for their schedulers' mix up, but the guys on the boat were fantastic. The same teens also learned how to surf with Maui Wave Riders (MWR). They took a two hour lesson at 7:30am and were able to keep the boards the rest of the day. They ended up teaching my 13 year old son and my 45 year old self how to surf. ALL of us loved it! The instructors at MWR were very patient and FUNNY!! Say "ALOHA" to Kehae at MWR.
Please feel free to contact me about this condo (I'll get you Melanie's info) or any other question about Maui that I might answer.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Elguapo1
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Enjoyed staying at this complex. Great pool and hot tub. Kitchen area and grills to cook food outside and bring back to condo to eat. Definitely need a/c in August. Gets very hot in condo especially on 2nd floor loft. You are only supposed to have a/c on when you are there which is understandable. Cools off nicely at night and can go for walks. Near a small beach area in which you can watch the sunset.

Condo is right next to grocery store, fast food places, gas station, post office, etc. Great location!

Kihei is great location for seeing the island...you can easily go down to Wailea or back to airport, or up to Lahaina, etc.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family