“Wake Up In Maui”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Kihei Garden Estates
Ranked #38 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
northern California
“Wake Up In Maui”
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Maui is my favorite island in Hawaii and I always stay in unit A201 at the Kihei Garden Estates when I visit. The owners have turned their 2br/1ba unit into a wonderful tropical
hideway + lani.
Just a short walk to the beach and easy access, even walking distance to Star Market,
for gorceries. Other small shops, like the Coffee shop w/PC access, near by.
Last week when I was visiting, I bought fresh local tuna and took it back to my kitchen
& put in garlic buter - yum yum.
I also enjoy the grounds, lg pool & Jacuzzi.
P S the weather is great and the ocean is just right for snorkeling. I took Trilogy over
to Lanai and loved every min. Aloha

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nevada
Reviewed April 4, 2009

Kihei Garden Estates is the place we stay every year and we like the location of this property in relation to the best beaches and the airport [for convenience sake]. We like keeping it simple and by being able to park right by our front door of the condo, it sure makes us feel like home!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ycmistro
Yuba City
Reviewed April 1, 2009

I recommend Kihei Garden Estates to everyone but the ones who need their toilet paper folded everyday into a new flower, duck or chicken. What a nice touch,...ahhhh.

So if you know yourself, and what you expect....you will be happy.

I stay here all the time because of the value and location. If I hadn't discovered Kihei Garden Estates and its location and AMAZING price I would not be a repeat customer. (I actually don't know how many times I have stayed here 7? 8?) Once you find a great deal don't leave,...each trip I have discoverd more and more secret hiding places, favorite spots, local fares that you can only find if you stay with the local people. You want an all inclusive resort, don't stay here. You want to discover true Aloha - you have to find it - I found it at Kihei Garden Estates.

Know yourself and you will know where to stay...be honest. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank 143Travel
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 14, 2008

Kihei Garden Estates is the only place I stay when I visit Maui. I go a few times a year and have stayed in multiple units. They are all individually owned which is nice b/c the owners all care about their units. There are a handful of listings on vrbo.com. The complex is small and has beautiful tropical grounds.

I love the location. It's only a short walk to the beach. That part of the beach has the feeling of a private beach b/c it's never busy. Star Market is right there which makes it so easy to grocery shop & even to get last-minute items. I always walk everywhere when I'm there: beach, market, drug store, coffee shop, bars, restaurants & shopping. Close to golf too. I love it!

The complex is great b/c of the sense of community. There are a bunch of residents who are always super nice to the tourists. The pool is big and the jacuzzi is great in the evenings. The bbq area by the pool is fun to grill out and I've had small gatherings there. Everyone is really respectful and full of Aloha!

I really like the 2br/2ba units. My favorite is C205. It has a spacious loft and the living/dining room has really high ceilings. The lanai is awesome b/c it offers views of the Ocean & sunsets (even though I usually walk to the beach for the magnificent sunsets) and Haleakala. Everything is there for you. The kitchen has everything. They have nice towels & bedding and it's always so comfortable. It is a home away from home in Paradise!

• Liked — Spacious Condos
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank thebestismaui
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I booked my stay for 8/6/08 - 8/10/08 in Unit C204 a 2 bedroom/2bath unit for 3 adults & a 1 year old. We arrive at our unit at 10:30pm & it was pretty warm inside but it was late so we figured the unit would cool down by the following day.

August is very hot and it turns out that our A/C unit did not work. The next day my baby cried the entire day while we were in that unit. We were there to provide the flower arrangements/bouquets for a wedding and our flowers were dying due to how hot it was inside. It was actually cooler outside than being inside. We contacted the property owner and he sent a repairman over who was not helpful in the least. The owner said we could stay in another unit that did in fact have a working A/C but it was a 1 bed/1 bath for all 4 of us! We had no choice there was no way we could survive in the current unit (and we're from Arizona so we're not strangers to heat).

So here we are at 3pm moving all of our luggage & hundreds of flowers from our upstairs unit across the complex in the scorching heat with a one year old in tow! Back & forth, up the stairs, down the stairs, across the lawn & back. It took us over 2 hours to move everything! WORST DAY OF MY VACATION EVER!!!

So here we are in our new unit packed in a smaller space but finally cool & fresh & no more crying baby. You would think the worst was over... WRONG!!!! We are now in unit G102 ground level and guess what the unit is infested with cockroaches! Everywhere. Tell me how I keep my baby from from playing on the floor? My poor son was confined to playing on the couch or bed the entire time we were indoors. They post a sign to take your shoes off before entering the units but this was impossible unless you don't mind stepping on roaches. at least 3 times a day I had to vacuum the roaches we kept squashing. Disgusting! Wow who knew part of a tropical vacation would involve more cleaning than relaxing?

So the owner calls to explain that he will not be charging us extra for staying in this unit! Extra!?! For what...for being tortured in an oven all day, for the inconvenience of moving the rest of our day or for the smaller unit that we all had to squeeze into for the rest of our trip?

Mid stay the entire complex was being treated for pests and guess what that did? Brought double the amount of roaches to come out of their hiding places. Now try keeping a toddler from trying to grab these things that he's never seen before in his life? He though they were some kind of new toys.

The big topper to end our vacation...Check out time is clearly posted on the fridge: 10am. Who comes knocking on our door to wake us up at 8am on our last day? A cleaning lady saying that someone sent her over to clean up the place.

This was my first visit to Hawaii. I was expecting the vacation of a lifetime...I was VERY WRONG! I will never stay in a condo rental again.

• Liked — The Pool
  • Disliked — The Cockroaches
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank iguanamama13
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed August 2, 2008

We stayed in unit C108 and it was infested with cockroaches! Only stay here if you have knowledge that the owner takes care of their unit. My husband also had to fix the fridge which was leaking water.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank BayAreaGuest
Calgary
Reviewed February 26, 2008

My family stayed at Kihei Garden Estates for 2 weeks in February 2008. We found the complex excellent. We have been coming to Maui for years and have stayed at every end of the island. We found this complex one of the best we have stayed at. It is quiet and well taken cared of. The unit we were in was updated and clean. We stayed in Kanaapalli last year and found the 5 star, very expensive hotel filled with roaches. My daughters were horrified. The only roach I saw on this trip was on the road down the street. I read the review of the person saying dogs were running wild. I never saw a dog the entire week. He claims the price is high for what you get, well I would guess he has not stayed in Kanaapali or Waikiki lately. When someone is choosing this property they need to keep in mind that it is a condo not a hotel and as such the nickel and diming does not come into play. Parking is free and so is the use of everything in the unit. (The only thing missing was the maid showing up early in the morning to ATTEMPT to clean the room.)
The pool was well taken care of and conveniently located in the center of the complex so we could sit on our lanai and watch the kids in the pool. The people we met there were very nice and the owner/occupants were very welcoming and friendly. The beach is only a two-minute walk away and you don’t have to take your life in your hands trying to cross South Kihei Road. (We had that issue a couple years ago when we stayed farther up the road and apparently no one yeilds to pedestrians on the island) We love this complex and plan to stay next year when we return for our annual trip.

• Liked — I loved the small quiet complex with the Maui feel