“Awesome, Awesome, Awesome”

and up
Deluxe Makena Kayak Turtle Snorkel Tour
Ranked #5 of 82 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever dreamed of snorkeling with a Hawaiian Green Sea Turtle or paddling among North Pacific Humpback Whales during calving season? Well look no further as Aloha Kayaks Maui can turn your dreams into realities. We offer kayaking trips for all ages and abilities that lead you to some of the hidden jewels of Maui, all the while creating a minimal impact on our oceans. Years of experience and 5 star service is what you get when you book a trip with Aloha Kayaks Maui.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Was my1st kayaking experience and it couldn't have gone any better. We left from Makena Landing and I had a hump back whale surface about 20ft from me. I saw Spinner Dolphins and swam with sea turtles. Griff and Peter are very knowledgeable and gave us a very good lesson on sea life and Hawaiian culture. It was a great time and I'm very glad I chose them. And the whole group were Canadians Eeh? lol. Griff and Peter are the owner operators which was a bonus. I will be telling everyone I know to use them. Thanks again Griff and Peter, Chris the Canuck.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Headed out from Makena Landing in the morning with both Griff and Peter. We had an informative orientation and their love for their job and Maui was immediately evident. They were always checking in with our group to make sure everyone was ok and they confidently led us out into the channel. We were rewarded with seeing many whales, including a very close fluke dive and a breach. Snorkeling was also rewarding as Peter led us around showing us many turtles and fish, their knowledge of the wildlife, land and Hawaiian culture was impressive. Would definitely go out with the company again, hopefully one day with my daughter when she is older and would recommend to anyone else who is thinking of a kayaking trip. Makena is also a clam place to leave from...couldn`t believe how much windier it was in North Kihei when I came home from my trip!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great morning paddling from Olowalu with our guide Peter. We set out into the ocean after a brief but informative instruction. We saw many whales spouting and a full breach. After whale watching we went snorkeling at the turtle cleaning station, and saw several turtles along with lots of fish. We thoroughly enjoyed our morning on the water.
Peter was very knowledgable, humorous, and encouraging to our group.
We highly recommend Aloha, but note that if you have younger children you might want to kayak from their Makena location as the winds off Olowalu can get quite strong and are a bit challenging for younger or inexperienced paddlers. The youngest in our group was 12 and the paddle back in the wind was difficult for her.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I booked this tour based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews they got on this site. Well, there was no inflating the quality of service and the great time this experience offers. Griff and Peter are very personable, enthusiastic, and knowledgable guides and we had a great time paddling and snorkeling. The area outside Lahiana is loaded with turtles and at this time of year, you're practically guaranteed to see whales both near and far.This really felt like hanging with a group of friends. Very good day.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Peter was our guide and was both informative about marine life and lots of fun. The logistics worked smoothly and we had a great time kayaking even though we didn't see any whales. We saw sea turtles and beautiful fish during our snorkel. All in all a great experience.