“Average...”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Japanese cousine,but we had 3 dishes,so just peek in the menue.The Sushi was ok - California and Alaska roles-but had definately better,the Teriyaki Chicken was too greasy but tasty,and the soup had fresh ingedients but a bit bland.The service is very friendly.
Would I eat there again-yes!

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Not easy to find a genuine Japanese Izakaya; especially on Maui. This one was tasty with a variety of menu options ranging from takoyaki, natto tempura, maguro poke, unagi don, etc. Liked the shochu served with a lemon grater. Although she was friendly the one & only server was totally backlogged and forgot to tell the one & only cook half of our table's order which resulted in a 2 hour meal ending in half empty stomachs. The place does have potential but I would not return. AC was weak. Dirty dishes piled up. Refills were rare. Ugh, typical hole in the wall staffing nightmare.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This cute restaurant that that is tucked away at Azeka Center, in Kihei, is a Mom and Pop restaurant. The little six table restaurant makes you feel like you are in Japan. The waitress is soft spoken and kind. We have tried the deep fried oyster which was great but mainly we go in for the Sukiyaki. Fantastic meal! The menu also features Sushi, Sashimi and other specialty items. They are open from 5;30 to midnight but check their hours on their website.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food was outstanding and a little less expensive than Japanese restaurants in some of the upscale hotels. The sushi rolls were very fresh, with delicious ingredients. The salmon-avocado-wasabi poke was fabulous. The unagi don (a bowl of fresh, moist, cooked eel on rice) was the best I ever ate. Service, however, was rather slow. A cheery waitress/hostess (the only employee outside of the kitchen) brought each order out as it was ready, but that meant some of us were eating before others. The small restaurant was busy when we walked in, but very soon it emptied out and our family was the only table to serve. The dirty dishes weren't removed from our table, and the carpet needs a good cleaning, to say the least. I hope they can improve the service and cleanliness and still maintain the quality of the food.That is definitely worth going back for. It's in the Azeka Shopping Center.

2  Thank pimagrandma
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Another discovery by my daughter-in-law as she loves seafood.
A very tiny hole in the wall also situated in a shopping center
in Kihei.
You have to wait outside until a table is ready for you.
Worth the wait.
I had a mackerel for the first time and very tasty.
As it is a small fish it is served whole. It was lightly salted and
sauteed. yummy I also tried the shrimp tempura and the batter
was so flaky lite. Best I've had. My d-i-l had a trio platter with
shashimi and tempura and something else and her face sparkled she enjoyed it so much. My husband had a chicken
teriyaki and he really enjoyed it. If you like this type of food
and you are in that area you should try it.