“Unit 313 worked well for us”
Review of Maui Parkshore

Maui Parkshore
Ranked #58 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Sioux Falls, SD
“Unit 313 worked well for us”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed in apt 313 from Feb 20-27, 2014. The cost was one of the more affordable in the Kihei area. We liked the location across from Kameole Beach III. Traffic noise was not a problem. I was worried about no AC, but it cooled off every night to mid-60's and every room had a ceiling fan + there were 2 fans (floor stands). The kitchen was well furnished. I brought spices and we cooked almost every meal. Ice machine kept up for beverages. The WIFI worked on a different one than they told us, but it worked fine. Washer and dryer worked great. Spacious apt for four people, with large lanai.

For the most part, the condo was clean, with the exception of one of the bathrooms which has dust on ceiling and wall (from the ceiling fans, I think) AND lots of long black hairs kept showing up. My only complaint.

The location is very central to every part of the island. We'd recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank klk56

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Manitoba
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Beware of Maui Condo!
Our stay was from Feb. 2 - 16 with our time being split between two rentals (unknown to us prior to 48 hrs. before our departure when we were asked to call Maui Condo). Our first stay was from Feb 2 - 8th in Maui Kamaole unit G107 which was very nice….excluding a little ant problem. The unit was well appointed with wifi, nice pool are, wonderful check-in/out service, and a great ocean view. We were then moved to Maui Parkshore rental unit 316 (third floor) for the remainder of our stay from the 8th to the 16th. This unit was a complete disappointment to say the least.

My husband and I gave a sincere effort to give the unit and master bedroom a try. We put aside our disgust and we even tried sleeping in the master bedroom for the first night. When my husband commented on the overwhelming stench of body odour in the sheets it only confirmed how bad it really was. Awake and on the lanai since 5 a.m., I promptly gave Maui Condo a call when they opened the office at 8 a.m. asking what they could do for us. Working in the customer service industry is clearly not the profession that Georgina from Maui Condo should be in as she kept repeating that the room was “cleaned to their standards”, there were no availabilities on the island (even after I offered that we would be willing to break up our stays), and there was nothing further she could do for us other than to send the cleaning staff and pest control over to the unit. At one point during the conversation Georgina stated to me that if I had nothing else then she was going to hang up on me. I then requested to speak to a supervisor and she stated “I am the supervisor”. At that point I advised her that I would be contacting the vacation company through whom we booked. She replied, “You do that”.

I placed a call to Tourico and spoke with Margie explaining what had happened and the condition of the rental unit. She was very understanding and said she would look into it and get back to me. When Margie called back she stated that she had spoken with Georgina from Maui Condo and she underwent the same rudeness that I had just received. Margie also said her supervisor was also looking into it and they would call me back shortly. The end result was Maui Condo would not do anything other than send pest control and cleaning staff. As for housekeeping coming back, she did what she could with what she had to work with. The same comforter that was full of stench was placed back on the bed which did not help alleviate the smell within the room. I also checked the sheets which also reeked of some type of either body odour or smelly feet or perhaps both which accompanied the sheet stains including a spot of fresh blood. Therefore, the stench of the room remained for our entire stay. With this, we had to close off the master room with the king size bed. Since I am asthmatic I could not re-enter this room. Every day was a stuggle with my asthma while inside this rental unit. I was thankful I brought an extra puffer along. We made sure we were inside the unit for a very limited amount of hours for our entire stay

Since it was apparent that Maui Condo was going to do nothing further, we were very thankful that there was a spare room we could use since the unit was a two bedroom. My husband pushed the two single beds together resulting in a queen size bed for the rest of our stay. As for the ants….it was not apparent that any pest control was done since there was no relief from the multiple ants that swarmed the countertop especially when there was food brought out.

My husband and I do not feel that the cleaning staff are to bear the brunt for the condition of this unit. She/he can only do so much with what they have to work with. This unit is in disrepair and grossly dirty. The stench that is imbedded into the bedding and possibly the mattress along with the carpeting in the master bedroom simply was not removed with prior cleanings so how did Georgina think it would be removed so easily with another visit from cleaning staff?

I was unsuccessful at this time to upload my pictures that include the bathtub tiles lifting with black mold visible along the top of the tiles, permanent discoloration and grunge in tub, hair on tub tiles, ants on the kitchen tiles and floors, stains on sheets in master bedroom, the mold and dirt on the kitchen cupboards (especially around door handles) and fridge, mold on the rubber that seals the fridge doors, comforter removed from master bedroom to try and alleviate the stench (which ended up not helping), dirt on walls and in the couch fabric, ripped and dirty bed skirt, dirt and grime in and on outlet receptacles and finishing boards, dust and grime on artificial plants, ceiling fans and in vents.

If what Georgina stated is that the rental unit is cleaned to the standards of Maui Condo then what exactly are the standards? I believe the photos speak for themselves. For those of us who suffer from breathing difficulties the cleanliness of this rental was completely unacceptable.

We will not book with Maui Condo in the future.

Room Tip: S. Kihei Road is a very busy street with constant traffic. Pool area feels like you are in an enclo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank dreams4u1961Manitoba
MauiCondoMarina, Public Relations Manager at Maui Parkshore, responded to this review, November 25, 2015
Aloha! I am with Maui Condo and Home, a property management company here in Kihei, Maui, Hawaii. We manage and rent out unit 316 at the Maui Parkshore. Though this unit has not been completely remodeled, it is still a clean moderate unit. The review was originally made in February of 2014 and the guests had stayed in the unit in November 2013. It’s understood that everyone is going to have their perspective and opinion. We have guests who have stayed in this unit and have absolutely loved it. The owners have been making upgrades as they are able. Just prior to November 2013 the owners replaced the bedroom furniture in the master bedroom as well as the carpet throughout the condo. In regard to the ants or pests, it is our policy to have a natural pest control company spray if there are guests in house.. The association arranges for the regular pest control company to perform routine pest sprays. The tropical climate here in Hawaii allow for bugs to have a longer lifespan. We understand that most guests are not accustomed to having bugs around, which is why there is routine spraying. On behalf of Georgina, our reservations supervisor, I would like to apologize for any attitude that you may have deemed as rude. Georgina is a great employee and usually will not have a bad attitude with guests, even when they are very demanding and rude to her. She has also received high accolades from many guests because she has gone above and beyond to try to assist them, even in the most difficult situations. We do advise our guests to book directly on our website so they can see photos and descriptions of the condos so they know exactly what they are getting and can choose one to their liking.
We hope you visit Maui again and are able to choose a condo that fits your needs best. We are more than happy to start over and help you make the most of your next Maui trip!
Mahalo,
Marina
Maui Condo and Home, LLC.

Travelers are raving about these Kihei hotels

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We chose Maui Parkshore because it was one of the cheaper options available during our stay in Maui. Luckily, it turned out to be right across the street from our favorite beach (Kamaole Beach Park 3). Beautiful sunsets can be seen from most units, and the beach is right there as well. The unit itself was quite nice with two bedrooms and baths. It was very clean and stocked with some basics (laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, beach towels, beach toys) which was nice. The only complaint was that it could get a little hot, but opening all of the windows helped that somewhat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank RhubarbToast
Rocklin, California
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This condo is centrally located in Kihei right across the street from the beach. The rooms and patio were spacious but the lack of air conditioning was a killer!! The sun sets facing the patio/living room and although they are breathtaking; it heats up the house and takes most of the night to cool down.

• Stayed September 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I lived at Maui Parkshore in 1986 when there was not much traffic on S. Kihei Rd. I stayed at Maui Parkshore in June 2013 and the traffic was horrible. The unit we were in was upgraded and very beautiful. I love the door combo lock and no keys to loose. We were in a unit right over the pool so we got allot of pool noise. We has a great time on Maui after being away for just over a year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rxjan
Deelite10
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I spent months trying to find the perfect place which is very hard having never been there before. We settled on Maui Parkshore with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. #313. The Condo was nice and large the lanai was fantastic. The bedrooms could be updated as well as the bathrooms, but that aside they said there was airconditioning and there was not. This condo would be perfect in Dec, -April but July was too hot. No airflow in the bedrooms, the sounds of multiple fans everywhere made it feel like sleeping in a wind tunnel. There is minimal beach accessories but we had our own. I could have done better for the money. I really couldn't sleep with air. The unit they claimed in the master acted more like a humidifier and had to have the water tray emptied ever 2 hours thru the night. Location of the condo was good, we like the area, just don't expect A/C

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank deelite10
Lihue, Hawaii
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family came to visit me on Maui and I booked them in the Maui Parkshore room 313. From the minute they walked in to the place they felt like it was perfect! It was very clean. It was very well stocked. They really enjoyed the location and proximity to the beach as well as restaurants and shops for groceries, souvenirs and convenience type items. The condo was perfect size for 4 people. It had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The lanai was very big and could handle everyone around the table playing cards. I know they will definitely book here again on their next visit to Maui. They all gave it an excellent rating and big thumbs up!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family