“Delicious shave ice in Kihei”

Surfing Monkey Shave Ice
Ranked #10 of 20 Dessert in Kihei
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Description: Located right next to FoodlandShave Ice Flavors:Wild Cherry * Pineapple * Tigers Blood * Blue Rasberry * Coconut * Root BeerStrawberry * Mango * Pink Bubble Gum * Banana * Guava * Blue VanillaGrape * Passionfruit * Malona * Lemon Lime * Pina Colada * Lychee * Watermelon * Li Hing Mui Small $4.00Large $6.00All syrups are made locally using raw sugar canefreeEXTRAS:Vanilla Ice Cream * Azuki Beans * Sweet Cream * Li Hing Powder * Chocolate Syrup
Chandler, Arizona
“Delicious shave ice in Kihei”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were staying in Wailea and everyday after the beach, we would stop by Surfing Monkey Shave Ice. Paul, the owner was very nice and we enjoyed chatting with him each day. The key to great shave ice is the syrups and theirs are delicious. We tried a number of flavors, including wild cherry, passion fruit, lemon-lime, blueberry and coconut, root beer, lee hing mui and strawberry. All were really good. The place is actually better than the famous Matumoto's Shave Ice on Oahu! Plus, every fifth shave ice is free!

• Visited October 2013

“So nice and friendly”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The shave ice was amazing and the owner was so nice and helpful. You must try their coffee flavor so yummy. Don't forget the tigers blood! The servings are huge don't forget the free ice cream that really makes the shave ice great. Very well located right next to Foodland get your groceries and a tasty treat.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent little shop with friendly advice.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit at the Surfing Monkey. A nice, cooling, tasty treat and a quick chat with the server. I received great advice from him for dinner as well as the town as I ate. Mahalo!

• Visited September 2013
Sunnyvale, California
“Yummy, great flavors and free toppings”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were looking for a recommendation for shave ice in Kihei and this place was highly recommended by the front desk lady at our hotel (told us it was the best in the area).
Went there two days in a row, and loved it both times. The other customers visiting were repeat customers as well, everyone enjoyed their shave ice.....

What we liked:
- Hand cranked ice
- Great selection of syrups, all made fresh with maui cane sugar (not fructose syrup and artificial flavors/colors)
- Friendly service!
- Lots of FREE toppings (many places charge) - adzuki beans, vanilla ice cream, sweet cream - nicely enhance the flavors of the syrups.
- Well priced at $4 for a small (which I could barely finish), every 6th shave ice is free. We ate there a lot, so this worked well for us!

The first day I got a small shave ice - ice cream at the bottom and guava, lychee and pina colada syrups on the ice. It was very tropical and refreshing. I went with a party of 10 people and everyone loved theirs. The lady who worked there was so patient with our group, even though we took our time deciding what to get.

The next day, I got the best shave ice ever -- KONA COFFEE. It was made with real coffee and was so good. I got it with a little ice cream and a little sweet cream. Yum. Another friend got the Kona coffee with ice cream and vanilla syrup and also loved hers. Better than a Frappucino at Starbucks!

Wish they had more seating, or more shade -- it was hot standing around in the middle of the day.

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“THE BEST: 1 DAY, 3 SHAVE ICE FROM HERE”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I LOVE THIS PLACE! I was in Maui for 3 days and had their shave ice every day! That is how good they are! I tried around but this one was still my favorite. It is simply heavenly. I love love loveeee them. Very fine and good tasting flavors. They were super friendly as well. Every single time. Amazing shave ice and wonderful customer service. This is a must have in Maui. Go Surfing Monkey!!

• Visited August 2013