We stayed 2 weeks in #204. It had recently been totally renovated and was spectacular. When I say renovated, I do not mean some new paint and counter tops, but this unit had been completely gutted and is brand new throughout. Wonderful furnishings and king sized bed. I estimate over $100k went into the remodel. A minor issue was the big flat screen TV's - owners do not provide HD service, so you get low definition pictures on HD TV's. Probably a minor issue since the local TV service stinks.
And now the not so good: One week after our arrival people moved into unit #104 directly below and began heavy smoking. Well smoke rises and invaded out unit to the point you felt like you were there with them. UGH. Managers told us that #104 was one of the few designated smoking units in the entire complex. After our complaint to the ladies at the front desk they talked to the person in #104 and they immediately ceased smoking. Nice to get this level of cooperation.
Other guests told us that some of the un-refurbished units were in pretty shabby condition since this is a old property. So if you are going to stay here, be sure to inquire about condition of the unit and presence of the smokers. By all means chose #204 if the smokers are not going to be there during your stay. A negative is the unit we rented was through the rental pool. While the owners installed 5 star furnishings, the rental pool uses fairly low end sheets and towels. Sheets did not fit the extra thick mattress and came lose every night. Towels are what you would get at Holiday Inn.
Great staff and nice grounds. Check out their web site. It looks exactly as represented. There are no bad views. Plenty of lawn furniture. Kids in pool can become a bit annoying since parents are not concerned about their kids noise. You do get traffic noise from the busy street, and I do mean busy street. Kihei is over built and traffic is non-stop. But they stop for pedestrians to cross the street.
If I was coming back with my grandkids I would stay at Kamaole Sands. It is across the street and does not have the spectacular views, but is 1/2 the price and units are much larger. We have stayed there several times. We have been to Maui many times and after some bad experiences with weather in other locations always stay in Kihei.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui Condos on the Beach: No other south Maui condo offers vacation rentals that are right on the beach. Unlike other Maui vacation rentals in south Maui, our condo has direct access to the Kihei beach. Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort is right on Kamaole Beach Park II in south Maui. Every condo rental unit is beachfront and has an ocean view. Only a few steps over the manicured lawn to the soft sandy beach and blue ocean. We combine all the comforts of home and the services of a hotel to make Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort the best "Home away from Home" in paradise. Individually decorated, each condominium offers a complete kitchen, free WiFi, free cable TV and free domestic telephone calls. Vacation paradise on Maui! Experience why guests return year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hale Pau Hana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Pau Hana Hotel Kihei
- Hale Pau Hana Kihei
- The Hale Pau Hana Maui/Kihei