We (2 kids, 2 30-somethings, and 2 50-somethings) stayed in a two bedroom condo over the July 4th week. We actually stayed in two different units--unit 207 for 3 nights, and unit 307 for 4 nights. The hotel location, right on one of the best beaches in the world and close to rental shops, restaurants, etc, is amazing. The grounds are nice and the management and front office people are extremely nice and helpful. The pool is decent if a bit small (we're usually pretty down on people who hang out by the pool when the ocean is just a few steps away, but the kids did enjoy swimming in the relative calm of the pool from time to time.) The 4th of July hula performance on the lawn was a nice touch.
The big negative for us was the fact that only the master bedroom had AC in it (and it's configured to automatically turn off if the door to the room is opened or if no one is in the room.) With the air temperature outside in the high 80s during the day, we had to keep the windows open at night to cool the room down, and the roar of the ocean, and to lesser extent the road, made for less than ideal sleeping conditions. Neither my wife nor I slept very well, alternating between opening and closing the balcony doors throughout the night, and we're usually not very picky sleepers. Units with an AC in every room (one bedroom units?) would probably get 5 stars from me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome Home... You’re not just meant to visit — make it your home while you’re here. Cook eggs and bacon in the morning, BBQ fresh fish and mix drinks in the evening, dine on the lawn, blow the conch at sunset. Best Beach on Maui We’re uniquely situated on Kamaole II, the best beach on all of Maui (ask around). Don’t haul everything across the street or pack up and drive — just walk over the lawn to get there. A Family Experience For many, Hale Pau Hana is a family experience. Grandparents watch grandkids swim for the first time, couples get married on the beach, then bring the kids, have family reunions. We have guests and owners who have literally been returning to Hale Pau Hana for five generations. We’re honored to be more than a place to vacation — to be a part of their family and the memories they make together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hale Pau Hana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Pau Hana Hotel Kihei
- Hale Pau Hana Kihei
- The Hale Pau Hana Maui/Kihei