“Scuba Scooter Dive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scuba Luv Maui

Scuba Luv Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI Dive Resort,established in 1970; small groups offer personalized service with aloha ( "We know where the critters are!"); Daily Introductory Dives (Intro dives count toward certification); guided reef dives; PADI certifications; underwater scooter dives on the the "hands free" Apollo AV2 Scooters; Night dives and boat dives too. We are at a beachfront location on the border of Wailea and Kihei. The waters here are calmer and clear; the inside reef is excellent for beginners and the outer reef makes for epic scooter diving! We are also mobile and can dive up to six different sites including Keawakapu Reef, Turtle Town, Five Graves, Wreck of the St. Anthony, Maluaka Reef, The Landing Craft and The Tank! Owned and operated by Diana & Steve Madaras from Catalina Scuba Luv. Check website for weekly "Critter of the week report".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
The Woodlands, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Scuba Scooter Dive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I had never done scooter before and Matt brought me up to speed quickly. Using a scooter is a blast and easy to pick up. Of the 45 minutes underwater we spent about half of the time on the reef and half in transit along a sandy bottom. Visibility was about 50 ft so not outstanding. Heard whales, saw a big puffer fish and a moray eel. Compared to previous experience at Cozumel, this dive was good but not great due to water clarity and less abundant fish. Rating is not a reflection of Matt as a guide who was outstanding.

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

It was a really pleasure to get back into my diving with Matt. He reviewed all the safety, knowledge and equipment clearly and quickly with me. Then it was to the reef. Calm relaxing and enjoyable. I was lucky to be the only customer that day but knew that at most there would be only four. I had so much fun I went the next day too

Visited January 2014
Leawood, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Scooter dive was great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Steve and Di were very easy to work with. We will definitely do this again next year. The scooters are quite cool in that you straddle them and your hands are free. You feel like Superman gliding through the water. The water can be a little murky close to shore, but the brightly colored gear helps you stay with the group. There were not as many fish as I would have hoped, but I think that is just like fishing, sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. Easy to recommend this dive company.

Visited December 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Scooter dive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

The couple running the dive operation were great. We had a shore dive and used the scooters which were a lot of fun. However was really disappointed not to see many fish, and the coral was not colourful as I expected. We didnt see a turtle unfortunately. Great dive though and the scooters were very easy to master.

Visited January 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very fun, easy going, and friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

While my girlfriend and I we're on our vacation together in Maui I really wanted her to try scuba diving. Scuba Luv was decently cheap, met us right outside our hotel, and made it a very enjoyable experience for us both! We saw lots of fish a turtles and it was a very easy shore dive. It couldn't have gone better! They even provided us with pictures! Definitely recommending them.

Visited August 2013