“Enchanting!”
Review of Scuba Luv Maui

Scuba Luv Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI Dive Resort,established in 1970; small groups offer personalized service with aloha ( "We know where the critters are!"); Daily Introductory Dives (Intro dives count toward certification); guided reef dives; PADI certifications; underwater scooter dives on the the "hands free" Apollo AV2 Scooters; Night dives and boat dives too. We are at a beachfront location on the border of Wailea and Kihei. The waters here are calmer and clear; the inside reef is excellent for beginners and the outer reef makes for epic scooter diving! We are also mobile and can dive up to six different sites including Keawakapu Reef, Turtle Town, Five Graves, Wreck of the St. Anthony, Maluaka Reef, The Landing Craft and The Tank! Owned and operated by Diana & Steve Madaras from Catalina Scuba Luv. Check website for weekly "Critter of the week report".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 8, 2013

First of all, my instructor, Pat, was from my home state, New Mexico! This was my second attempt at becoming a certified diver, the first time being a nightmare. However, it was night and day difference between the two attempts. Diana is so organized, kind, and caring. She made it seem like I was coming home every time I dove. Pat is a wonderful instructor. He is patient, intelligent, caring, and oh so willing to help you! Although the training is intensive, he makes it go by so quickly and it's fun! Whenever the training is over, you get to go on a fun dive and explore the great wonders of the ocean. On every dive, we saw turtles and a variety of fish including rock fish, sand fish, clown fish, and numerous others. We were blessed with crystal clear waters and great weather conditions. I even made a friend along the way. Whenever I come to Maui again, I will definitely be diving with Scuba Luv Maui.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Diana responds very quickly to email, and answered all my questions without confusion. My daughter and I did our shore dives with Matt. We recommend him highly. He takes professional quality photos. Scuba Luv arranged our boat dives with B&B something (can't remember the rest of the name). About 10 divers had to show up at the boat launch at 5:45 in the morning, but that means were the only boat at Molokini when we stepped off -- totally worth it. The boat crew and dive guides did absolutely everything to get us into the water and show us a fine time. They even provided sandwiches and soft drinks. We will definitely dive with Scuba Luv Maui again!

1  Thank Fred A
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I and my twin 11 year old boys recently spent 3 weeks in Maui and one of our goals was to get the boys PADI open water certified. The concierge at our hotel put us in contact with Diana (co-owner with husband Steve) of Scuba Luv in Kihei. She is an absolute angel and moved heaven and earth to get the boys certified and me recertified by moving appointments and adjusting to our many other activities we had booked. Pat was our instructor and if it were not for him, my boys would never have qualified. Initially they had many issues with ears and equalization but he understood their anxiety and slowly progressed them to a point where they became comfortable and understood exactly what was required to be successful in this endeavor. At one stage he even said to me that perhaps they were just a little young yet and perhaps this was not possible for them at this time but he never gave up on them. He persisted for two days with them in shallow water before "the light suddenly went on" and from then onwards it was plain sailing without any further equalization or anxiety issues. They completed the online course and certification without any further ado thanks to him. Had it not been for Pat's patience and Diana's support, I suspect the boys would have walked away with trepidation and probably would never tried diving again. After the certification Diana easily fixed us up with further boat dives by request. Kudos to this outfit!!! We're going back next year to advance our training - the best way to recommend this outfit outright. Russell, Saskatchewan, Canada

Reviewed July 22, 2013

A hands free scooter dive puts something exciting between your legs when your scuba diving, its like a controllable drift dive. The ability to explore the underwater terrain as if you were able to fly, no need to use your fins except to steer.
Be warned however that once you try it you will be spoiled for life and will never want to do a kick dive again!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Thanks Pat for a fantastic dive. We had a great time, and he took some awesome photos! Really good value for money.