“Love Scuba Luv”
Review of Scuba Luv Maui

Scuba Luv Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI Dive Resort,established in 1970; small groups offer personalized service with aloha ( "We know where the critters are!"); Daily Introductory Dives (Intro dives count toward certification); guided reef dives; PADI certifications; underwater scooter dives on the the "hands free" Apollo AV2 Scooters; Night dives and boat dives too. We are at a beachfront location on the border of Wailea and Kihei. The waters here are calmer and clear; the inside reef is excellent for beginners and the outer reef makes for epic scooter diving! We are also mobile and can dive up to six different sites including Keawakapu Reef, Turtle Town, Five Graves, Wreck of the St. Anthony, Maluaka Reef, The Landing Craft and The Tank! Owned and operated by Diana & Steve Madaras from Catalina Scuba Luv. Check website for weekly "Critter of the week report".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Having never scubaed before I was a bit nervous about my ears and after talking to Diana on the phone I decided to give it a go. I was so glad I did, it was amazing! My instructor was Pat and he was great, detailed in instruction and he took great pictures. They only take small groups out on Keawakapu beach and there were 3 of us plus Pat. I loved it so much I did it again, and was fortunate enough that it was just Pat and I, so like a private dive but at a discounted price because it was my second time. If you've never scubaed before I would highly recommend giving it a go with Scuba Luv!

All reviews
in 46 reviews
"scuba"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed October 18, 2012

While on our honeymoon my husband and I did a refresher course for me and an intro for him. Our dive master Pat was great, took great photos and we saw lots of sea life including a spotted eagle ray and several turtles just off the beach. I was supposed to do my rescue dive training with them while there but due to my own error, we couldn't get it done. However, Steve and Di were extremely helpful in getting other recreational dives scheduled through other dive operations for me and they were truly a pleasure to work with. If you are looking to do training, or just hack around with knowledgeable local folks in the Kihei/Wailea area, call them! If they can't get you to a specific spot, they will hook you up with people who can. Overall, 100% positive experience, and I hope to get back and finish my rescue diver training ASAP! Mahalo Scuba Luv!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband & I were vacationing in Maui so we decided to give scuba diving a try. It was the first time to Scuba for both of us. So we booked our dive with Scuba Luv Maui. Oh my god it was Amazing. Pat is an exceptional instructor. When u are in Maui & want to Scuba I highly recommend going with this company & ask to be with Pat. He is very patient & understanding. He helped me so much (since I did PANIC in the beginning). & throughout the dive he was right there. Pat took beautiful pictures of us diving....
He highly contributed to the marvelous & enjoyable scuba experience.
Grateful Sam & Racha.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I got PADI certified with Scuba Luv Maui, and there really isn't a way it could have been better!

All of the instructors are excellent and super friendly, and the dive site can't be beat. Best of all, we never had to do any of our dives in a pool! The outfit launches from a beach with a coral reef, so from our very first introductory dive to our final certification dive, we dove a gorgeous reef filled with all kinds of critters.

I think the greatest part of Scuba Luv Maui is the staff. Everyone is extremely attentive, friendly, and professional. Also, I had been planning my Maui trip for weeks and had questions about other Maui activities (e.g. which company to use when snorkeling Molokini) and Diana was super patient with all my questions and gave me great advice on everything from what type of gear to buy (though they do also provide gear to you for dives if you don't have your own) to other fun activities to do on Maui.

We saw a bunch of cool critters on our dives as well. A bunch of turtles, an octopus, crabs, and lobster. In fact, the turtles are so routinely viewed that they have names for the different turtles.

I cannot recommend this company more highly. A wonderful experience from start to finish.