“Good massage ..but not the best decor”

Valley Isle Day Spa
Ranked #13 of 35 Spas & Wellness in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Valley Isle Day Spa is a full service day spa offering a vast selection of experiences for all your body and skin care needs.
Vancouver, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Good massage ..but not the best decor”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went to the spa last year when I was in Maui sand I hate to say the decor isn't the best. The massage was good. But the rims had a musty smell you had to get changed in the bathroom. I didn't think it was very clean. I had another massage booked for later that week but ended up cancelling it after my initial visit. Concept is good and service was nice but the rooms smelled musty and didn't feel or look clean.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Burrowing_rabbit
808mauigirl, Owner at Valley Isle Day Spa, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Aloha,
We are glad you enjoyed your massage with us last year. You will be happy to hear that as of Christmas of 2012 we expanded (tripled size!) and remodeled. Please come in next time you are on Maui and visit our new and improved spa; which includes a men' and woman's locker room, shower facilities and beautiful relaxation area for you to enjoy before or after your services.
We look forward to being of service.

Vancouver, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Not the best spa”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I went here for a day of relaxation had a massage and a facial it was at the back of a building and I guess for me it was the cleanliness - it was off you get changed in her bathroom then wait in a little room but it had a musty smell great massage - she knew what she was doing but it was the cleanliness that bothered me - have been to better spots

Visited June 2012
808mauigirl, Owner at Valley Isle Day Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Gosh I think you are confusing us with a different spa. We do not have are guests change into their robe and slippers in the bathroom, we have a separate locker room. We also do not have a small waiting room, but a comfortable relaxation area with a night sky ceiling. I am also Quite sure that cleanliness is not an issue here. I am glad you were at least given a quality service wherever you were.

Tiffany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Start your trip here!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This was a quaint spa that set our honeymoon off on a great foot. Relaxing & super easy to book. Communication was wonderful. The attention to detail was very appreciated. They personalize every massage with custom made oils that you have the option to take home (it's worth it) staff was wonderful. Nancy, Barbra & Shandraya made it a great day!

Visited April 2013
Portland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great day spa in Kihei”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

While the outside makes you question your decision once you are in it gets a bit better. The facility is not the best but my deep tissue massage with Kelly Clarke and 1/2 hour facial with Majia Salma were quite nice and super relaxing. No hot tub to soak but a shower and basic items to clean up afterward and head out relaxed and refreshed. The only thing with the facial as they did not offer any sunscreen which I thought was a bit strange in Hawaii in the late morning. Otherwise it was probably a good value compared to the same thing just a bit south.

Visited February 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing Morning”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My daughter and I spent a delightful morning at the Valley Isle spa. I had a deep tissue massage with my own special blend of macadamia nut oil and plumeria scent. It was heavenly! My daughter had a foot massage and pedicure that she is still raving about. Well worth the couple of hours away from the beach to relax.

Visited February 2013