“We had an amazing 5 hour trip with Redline Rafting! Totally worth it!”

Redline Rafting Co.
Ranked #2 of 82 Tours in Kihei
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We got to snorkel in amazing blue water (unlike anything I'd seen before) to Molokini Crater (both sides)! Then a fun ride down to La Perouse Bay where the spinner dolphins like to hang out, though not today. But on the way back up the southwest coastline, we caught up with them twice. Lots of whale sightings as well throughout the trip. Then snorkeling with the turtles.

It was fun to ride the raft through some pretty tall waves -- 8' tall I'm guessing. Fortunately, we had the foresight to take 3 pills of Hyland's Motion Sickness. These are natural relief to sea sickness and kept all three of us from getting sick and they won't make you sleepy like Dramamine. Highly recommend you take three pills an hour before you leave.

Sean and Kiki were great hosts and guides. Sean would go in with us to show us the sights when we were snorkeling. He's a great free diver.

The raft takes off at 7am from the Kihei Boat Landing (arrive by 6:30am to sign the waiver and a last trip to the bathroom at the boat launch). They'll feed you a nice breakfast of fresh fruit and cinnamon rolls once you are on your way over to Molokini Crater. You also get a nice lunch of a sandwich buffet, pasta salad and drinks.

So I highly recommend this trip. It's totally worth going.

1  Thank Millca

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I'm From Virginia Beach and we have whales, but I've never seen any up close. This trip I not only got to see them up close and personal I got to swim with them less than 10 feet away under the water!!!! I have been on some amazing trips around the world and nothing has compared to the trip i took w/ Sean and Kelly. We got to try snorkling for the first time and i picked it up pretty quickly they are great teachers. I was with my wife and sister who struggled a little with rogher than usual conditions but they had fun also. I recomend trying to snorkel close to the beach first to get a little experience, but if your ballsy like me you can jump right in and take a few gulps of sea water and you will learn very quickly. I can't say enough good things about Sean and Kelly they were very helpful, courtious,friendly,professional,and served an excellent breakfast and lunch. I got to swim with sea turtles many tropical fish and my god the whales. I was only 1 of 2 poeple on our boat who got to see them under the water It made me feel amazing. They were so close I started swimming backwards then I thought what are you doing you fool swim with them so I did right along side them there were 3 of them mom baby and escort male. It was an experience I will never forget as long as I live. We did alot on moui but this was by far our best day! P.S. Make sure to take some dramamine 1 hour before boarding if you are prone to motion sickness my sister got a little sea sick the trip would have been much more fun for her if that didn't happen. But deffinatly try this trip it's well worth the money.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been on many snorkeling trips and I have to say this was the best one yet! The early start was well worth all that we got to see and learn about! Captain Sean and Kelly did a great job - they even stopped to scoop up a tennis ball adrift - very ecofriendly! I saw fish I have never seen, an octopus, turtles, dolphins and the whales. Thanks for a great time - highly recomended.

1  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Captain Sean and crew Kiki have heart and soul. They gave 100% and more. I could not recommend them more highly. Hope to return and bring my family. Karen from Dayton, Ohio

1  Thank kareigel
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was by far the best snorkel trip we have done in Maui! The early start got us to locations before they got crowded , the wet suits helped keep us warm, and our guides Andy and Kikki were so friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable! The smaller group was nice and the boat really gave us a feeling of adventure without feeling unsafe! We will do this again the next time we are in Maui!

1  Thank Gramps2627