“Pleasing Pork, Hawaiian Style”
Review of Mama's Ribs 'N Rotisserie - CLOSED

Mama's Ribs 'N Rotisserie
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 23, 2013

In a land of tourist traps and ripoffs, Mama's is a refreshing oasis. Basically a hole in the wall in a strip mall, Mama's Ribs & Rotisserie has a simple menu (mostly of pork, naturally, but also several chicken dishes) that it does VERY well.

Prices are reasonable and the portions are more than adequate.

Tried the BBQ pork sandwich and was not only happy with the meat, but also satisfied with the fresh roll on which it came...and the side of baked beans were also very hearty.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

My son and I stopped in at Mama's, she was working the counter. It was pretty early in the evening when we stopped in, we were planning to buy ribs however they were sold out. So my son and I ordered the chicken and boy what a meal it was. As stated above it's as good as it gets. The barbecue sauce is just awesome and everything was perfectly prepared. Mama kept apologizing for being out of ribs and suggested that we get in a little earlier if we wanted somedate ribs. Great place, great food, great value, great service.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

When I see so many 5 star rave reviews on TA, my expectation bar is set pretty high and I am afraid that Mama's didn't quite deliver. We both had the chicken bbq lunch special which provided a filling combination of chicken, macaroni salad, and baked beans. It was all good enough and the price was right but it wasn't really anything to rave about. Maybe after some overpriced Maui meals, travelers are just happy to get a decent value meal, but there wasn't anything all that special about the meal itself.
A Wet One towelette would have been nice to clean up my hands and face after wrestling the bbq chicken with plastic fork & knife in the styrofoam container.

Friendly "service" and spartan decor have already been discussed. I am all for a wonderful hole in the wall eatery if the food has something that makes it compelling, but this one fell a bit short of my expectations.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I found this restaurant at the beginning of my stay and I keep going back. Friend service, great portions, great ribs and barbecue sauce that blew me away the first time I tasted it.

Great lunch special and they will wrap it up if you want to take it home.

3  Thank Sunset_Sailor
Reviewed October 30, 2012

hard to find if ur a tourist but all the locals know where it is... I even heard from multiple locals that they eat here breakfast lunch and dinner. and now I believe it.
the Rib are amazing. hands down the best I've ever had in my life!
the ribs are so soft and tender and juicy. never hard or burnt. and the BBQ sauce is addictive. ^_^
both styles of chicken are tender and juicy as well. I came in with my family of 5 and everyone had something different. Ribs, pot roast, teriyaki chicken, beef stew, salad. everyone of us left happy and stuffed. even the desert was tasty. cornbread was a favorite and the kids loved the soft cookies.

I could see into the kitchen. and its very clean. all food is cooked onsite and is fresh daily. wow.
the style is totally local and relaxed, nothing fancy. but who needs fancy looks when the food is that good and speaks for its self. big portions and reasonable prices.
the owners Petrina, Pepe, and their twin sons are so nice and welcoming.
I've read some reviews on this site from some people. seriously, who ever said the portions are small must be morbidly obese as in over 300lbs lol because that's the only way ur not gonna be full.

FYI. if ur idea of good BBQ ribs is hard meat that's burnt on a grill, take yourself to Fat daddy's smoke house.

BUT if ur idea of great BBQ ribs is soft, tender, full of flavor, and falls off the bone. Mama's ribs is the right place.

oh and go early because they do sell out fast.. clearly that tells u how good the food is...

thank you from me and my family. we will definitely be back the next time we come to maui. ^_^

A+