Review Highlights
Viewing Humpback Whales from a kayak

Kris did a great job launching our double kayak and keeping track of the group tour. She gave us an... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Beverly H
So many whales!

Katie did an awesome job guiding us to see these majestic animals while keeping us safe and showing... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Elbert C

Recommended experiences in and around Maui
from $98.00
from $119.50
from $159.95
from $84.14
1,377 results
All reviews outrigger canoe private tour fish whale watching kayak trip amazing pictures curtis paddling photos whales guide company hawaii snorkel adventure surfing board
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

First time in Maui/Snorkling/kayaking in the open sea, did not know what to expect. Matt is just such a gentle/caring/layback soul make this a memorable trip. We are family of 4 with 2 young children. Each two of us took one kayak and Matt took another one and make sure the paddle, the seat and life jacket are a adjust to our comfort. Paddling over the open sea is such a refreshing experience. -- kai lu

Matt is a very kind person and I had the best time In Maui so far with him. I liked snorkeling better because I can see all the different fishes and sea turtles. It is also possible to see a sting ray but it is really rare.
Erica Lu

I thought I was tall until I saw the 8 feet Broad Stingray! Just make sure you use the bathroom beforehand because it really bugs you.
-Nicholas Lu

1  Thank bluekitecn
Reviewed September 4, 2016

I'm not in top notch shape but wanted to try to kayak. I found the private tour option online From my first call it was an amazing experience. They explained everything and made it so easy for us to get to the locations. Once there we met Chris our guide who was outstanding. Not only was he so helpful and friendly he is highly trained to be in the water and water rescue. We were in very capable hands. I was apprehensive to go snorkeling but Chis made me feel really comfortable and I had an amazing time and saw lots of turtles while snorkeling. We also got an album of pictures later that day that were so great! My only regret was that the following day I had prepaid for another tour so I didn't have time to book another tour and Hawaiian paddle sports. Do yourself a favor and try them....they are worth every penny.

Date of experience: September 2016
HawaiianPaddleSports, Manager at Hawaiian Paddle Sports, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2016

Aloha Danielle! Mahalo for the amazing feedback! We are thrilled to hear of your experience with us, and that our marine certified/lifeguard certified guides made you feel safe and comfortable on the water. That is our goal! We hope to see you again soon!

Elise

Reviewed September 4, 2016

We booked a family (3) kayak and snorkel trip on a perfect Maui day (no wind!). Our guide, Andrew, enthusiastically greeted us and was an instant hit with our 10 year old. He taught us so many sea life fun facts (and even some jokes!), we couldn't wait to get out on the water. During our trip, Andrew would dive down to highlight Octopus (!), Eels and of course, Turtles. Our trip was the highlight of our vacation and the photos and jokes still live on back at home. Thank you Hawaiian Paddle Sports for the epic and day!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed September 2, 2016

My husband and I booked a private surf lesson with Hawaiian Paddle Sports based on the reviews from tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed. I honestly can't say enough good things about our instructor Jason. He was a great teacher - he recognized our strengths/weaknesses right away and was able to offer pointers / select the right waves for us so we felt like pros. We felt super comfortable with him and the two hour lesson just flew by. Having the pictures from our lesson was awesome - Jason emailed us 100+ photos within a few hours of our lesson. I also loved the little touches that made it clear how much this company cares about the environment; makes it seem less like a commercial venture/tourist activity and more like an authentic experience. The location was great - away from the touristy spots / hotels, and pretty empty, with decent surf. Highly recommend the private lesson, you'll absolutely get your money's worth. Would book another lesson with Jason and HPS in a minute!!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank dsantes
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had a blast on the kayak snorkeling trip in south maui- some of the best snorkeling we've ever done. Also, our guide Andrew was so knowledgable about all the fish and marine life and took some great snorkeling photo that he sent us right after! Finally he gave us some great local food and activity recommendations! Thanks HPS for a great time!

1  Thank Casey V