“great for all levels of experience”

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Ranked #1 of 80 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Private Kayak and Outrigger Canoe Snorkel Tours. Surf Lessons, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Hawaiian Paddle Sports offers a private alternative for Ocean Activities on Maui! If going out on crowded, diesel burring boat isn't your idea for ocean activities and you'd rather avoid going out with one of Large Kayak Companies or Surf Schools perhaps we are what you are looking for! We focus on attention to detail and the over all guest experience. Guide operated, Hawaiian Paddle Sports sets the bar for ocean activities on Maui. Whale Watching and Sea Turtle Snorkel Tours on Hawaiian Outrigger Canoes, Ocean Kayaks. We also offer "Guaranteed To Surf" Surfing Lessons or Stand Up Paddle Boards. All of our tours/lessons are Private.
Chicago, Illinois
“great for all levels of experience”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Went with my two kids in Kapalua Bay and we had a blast! Laurie and Lauren were very helpful, encouraging, and made the experience very enjoyable. Would highly recommend for people of all ages and experience levels.

Visited June 2014

Northbrook, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BEST DAY!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I found this tour via Trip advisor and took the advise. I booked the out rigger canoe and snorkel in south maui , Angel was our guide for our family of 4. My children are adults. I had never snorkeled or paddled before in my life but wanted to in a very bad way. The private tour made it easy for everything to go along with our our skills. Angle made it easy to learn. She was very knowledgeable about Hawaiian culture and ecology , which i liked.
It was wonderful, fantastic, and we saw a big huge turtle !!!! and another swiming besides us in while we were paddling in the canoe. the water was beautiful.
Thank you..I did it. I have had 2 back surgeries and a ankle break all put back together, and if i can do this any one can.

Visited June 2014
Juneau, Alaska
“Great experience, great people”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I took our first SUP lesson, with Laurie as our guide. I happen to be pretty uneasy on open water, so I was admittedly feeling nervous beforehand. I almost got a little teary upon meeting Laurie, because I was so thankful to have gotten a nice person to guide me outside my comfort zone! She immediately made me feel like I would be well cared-for; her presence was just the right amount of enthusiastic, kind, and encouraging. Just what I needed. And, about 20 minutes after we got out onto the water, my legs finally stopped shaking and I was able to relax and truly enjoy myself. And we were even followed by a sea turtle for a good part of our time on the water, which Laurie aptly captured on her snazzy camera. It was a wonderful morning for my husband and I to enjoy a bit of adventure on our relaxing Maui vacation. And great pics to share with friends, thanks to Laurie's handy camera skills. Thank you, Laurie!

Oh, and another piece to all this is that prior to our actual lesson we had to keep pushing it back a day (two or three times?) due to transportation issues (coordinating with friends, a flat tire, etc.) Kathi was amazingly patient and flexible and helped us feel like we weren't a burden for being so tricky to schedule. Much appreciated!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Beyond My Expectations”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Ok...I must admit I was a bit nervous.I had NEVER been on any type of surfboard before. I have wanted to SUP for at least 7 years!!! Everyone always looks so relaxed. Could I really do this..and enjoy this? Lauren from HPS gave me al the confidence and encouragement I needed...
The BEST morning! I DID IT...I got up on the first try.
We paddled, relaxed, paddled some more, learned about Hawaiian history... paddled, and just had the best time ever.
We saw starfish and 4 sea turtles...so awesome.
Lauen was the best coach!
Thank you for an unforgettable morning...

“AWESOME experience”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had a great tour guide (Matt Hudson) and a wonderful experience. Matt had good advice on how to actually kayak and he brought us to some good spots where we were able to see lots of turtles. We were able to see the turtles up close and personal which was an experience me and my wife won't forget. Will do again when I go back to Maui and book with Hawaiian Paddle Sports