“Best Tour Ever!”

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Ranked #1 of 85 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Private Kayak and Outrigger Canoe Snorkel Tours. Surf Lessons, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Hawaiian Paddle Sports offers a private alternative for Ocean Activities on Maui! If going out on crowded, diesel burring boat isn't your idea for ocean activities and you'd rather avoid going out with one of Large Kayak Companies or Surf Schools perhaps we are what you are looking for! We focus on attention to detail and the over all guest experience. Guide operated, Hawaiian Paddle Sports sets the bar for ocean activities on Maui. Whale Watching and Sea Turtle Snorkel Tours on Hawaiian Outrigger Canoes, Ocean Kayaks. We also offer "Guaranteed To Surf" Surfing Lessons or Stand Up Paddle Boards. All of our tours/lessons are Private.
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was my first time kayaking, and the private tour experience that they offer was fantastic. Matt was an excellent teacher and matched my pace and skill (or lack of skill) level, and was an fantastic guide as well - he seemed to magically know where the whales would be, and was very knowledgeable about the whales, sea life, etc. And he even took photos for me to memorialize my trip so I didn't have to worry about doing that myself (and not like some other places that take photos and then try to get you to pay for them).I highly recommend this group for any of their water activities, particularly if you want the personal attention and ability to choose where and what you do when you're out on the water.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have never done anything like this (stand - up paddle boarding) and I was nervous, but Curtis and Matt made me feel so comfortable. We had a beautiful day, weather was great, water was pretty calm. Like I said, I'm a first timer, but I stood up on my first try and didn't fall once, and I credit the guys! They really helped me feel comfortable, relax, and ENJOY the experience.
Highlight was having turtles swim right below us! It was amazing. Curtis and Matt took awesome pics of us with a Go Pro and emailed them to us afterwards which was so nice.
We booked our lesson through our hotel (Ritz) but I think you can book directly too. I would highly recommend them. I would have wanted to get a surfing lesson from them but we didn't have enough time in Maui to make it happen.

I would 100% recommend these guys. Once of the highlights of our trip (and PS, Kapalua Bay, where we did our lesson, has great snorkeling!)

1  Thank Chicagoan319
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was my first time on an outrigger canoe which is crazy being from here and never being on one, but it was super fun and you get a workout in too ha. My guide and friend was Tim Lara, who actually speaks Whale so that is certainly a plus;). The whales just come up to us, and play and breach. Simply an amazing time out on the water. Tour's are private and smaller which is great and this company is different in the fact that the guides know lots of hawaiian history and it's a great way to have fun and learn all in one! Totally recommend Hawaiian Paddle Sports! Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa! Mau kau kau? Ai!!

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to Maui and kayaking whale watching was hands down the best experience I have had here. Our guide was Josh and not only is he very knowledgeable about the sealife he also takes some fantastic photos! There were whales swimming and breaching everywhere. We also had great fun snorkeling afterwards with the turtles. Would highly recommend everyone to this tour!
Thanks again Josh!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Had a great time!! It was a great experience to be on the open ocean in a kayak. We saw several whales and got a great workout in the kayak!

1  Thank Erika G