“Great time on the SUP”

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Ranked #1 of 82 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Private Kayak and Outrigger Canoe Snorkel Tours. Surf Lessons, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Hawaiian Paddle Sports offers a private alternative for Ocean Activities on Maui! If going out on crowded, diesel burring boat isn't your idea for ocean activities and you'd rather avoid going out with one of Large Kayak Companies or Surf Schools perhaps we are what you are looking for! We focus on attention to detail and the over all guest experience. Guide operated, Hawaiian Paddle Sports sets the bar for ocean activities on Maui. Whale Watching and Sea Turtle Snorkel Tours on Hawaiian Outrigger Canoes, Ocean Kayaks. We also offer "Guaranteed To Surf" Surfing Lessons or Stand Up Paddle Boards. All of our tours/lessons are Private.
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was a welcome surprise...I booked a SUP lesson through my hotel and didn't realize it was private. I know my hotel only books small group tours, but I was expecting at least a couple more people. Nope, just me! I've done the large group thing in the past, and with those types of tours, the ones struggling the most seem to get all of the attention. Is that fair? I don't think so! Here I got personalized attention from my guide Josh W the entire time. He has a very calm, relaxing presence and the time with him felt like being with an old friend. He went at my pace and knew when I was ready to try something more advanced. Because I was relaxed, I was able to pick up the technique pretty fast and just enjoy the scenery. I didn't worry too much about falling in the water, although it was kind of nice to fall in a couple times to cool off from the hot day :) The lesson gave me the confidence to try SUP on my own a couple days later. I had tons of fun and would tour with Josh and HPS again.

There are newer reviews for Hawaiian Paddle Sports

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Such an amazing tour! We saw plenty of whales UP CLOSE it was amazing. Learned some cool facts about the Hawaiian Islands, Hump Back whales, and Hawaiian culture. I would suggest this tour as a MUST for your Maui vacation.

1  Thank Rah96753
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

HPS....great tour...my girlfriend, her brother and I went out the morning of Dec 15th...we had the best guide...Brandon.. old Virginia boy....it was a surprisingly calm day on the water, got to see sunrise over Haleakala.... wow....after a nice 3 1/2 mile kayak to molokini and some great conversation... we stopped on inside of the crater... snorkeled ( bring prescription snorkel mask if u need them...as they don't have those) for about 15-20 min.....then paddled around the other side of the island...the last mile and half was tough...we did see a few humpbacks on our way back....Awesome!!! It was about an 7-8 mile round trip...+ or -....but worth it. Get ready for a great workout....and don't be a "Sally"... its not for the lighthearted.. thanks Brandon!!!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Curtis was an amazing guide. My brother and I took the Kayak/Snorkel tour in Maui with Curtis last week and the entire trip was fantastic. Curtis was a great guy to hang out with, knowledgeable and fun. He was the first to spot the whales and we had 3 separate whale spottings. After kayaking out on the ocean and seeing the whales, we then went to snorkel and see the turtles. Curtis went above and beyond as my motion sickness was getting the best of me. So we paddled in, dropped me off on shore and he and my brother went out and continued with the trip. Curtis was very concerned about safety for not only us but the reef and the ocean life. He takes it upon himself to learn more and had several books on hand to peruse.

If you are on Maui, this is a must do tour!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The tour with HPS exceeded expectations in every way! Tim our guide was extremely professional, knowledgeable, excited about teaching us, and eager to make sure we maximized our time on the water. We would highly recommend this family friendly tour. Our boys 7 and 9 were included in the boat launching, paddling and experience. We snorkled close with the turtles and the BIG BONUS sat right above a SINGING WHALE! The whale breached about 50 yards out and gave us a show! We saw so many whales even is early in the season, tail slaps, friendly completion racing, etc. probably 6 whales doing different things. Love this. It made our trip. THANKS TIM AND HPS!

2  Thank Traci P