“What a memorable experience!”

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Ranked #1 of 82 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Private Kayak and Outrigger Canoe Snorkel Tours. Surf Lessons, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Hawaiian Paddle Sports offers a private alternative for Ocean Activities on Maui! If going out on crowded, diesel burring boat isn't your idea for ocean activities and you'd rather avoid going out with one of Large Kayak Companies or Surf Schools perhaps we are what you are looking for! We focus on attention to detail and the over all guest experience. Guide operated, Hawaiian Paddle Sports sets the bar for ocean activities on Maui. Whale Watching and Sea Turtle Snorkel Tours on Hawaiian Outrigger Canoes, Ocean Kayaks. We also offer "Guaranteed To Surf" Surfing Lessons or Stand Up Paddle Boards. All of our tours/lessons are Private.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our guide Kepa, not only explained what we saw, he told us stories about the island and Hawaiian culture as well. Our experience started with a few turtles swimming close to our kayaks and got better when we were about to start to snorkel a pod of dolphins popped up to say hello! The pictures were a little of a let down for us, but the experience is one we will never forget!

There are newer reviews for Hawaiian Paddle Sports

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hawaiian Paddle was hands down the BEST water experience my brother and I have had while visiting both Oahu and Maui. Chad, our SUPaddle instructor, was by far one of the coolest, most knowledgeable instructors I could have asked for. He was concise and swift with his on-land instructions and he made me feel at ease both on land(even before the class started), while paddling, and while swimming in the waters of Makena. Chad ranks superior in his tour guiding skills and abilities through displays of his knowledge of the terrain, his flexibility with his students, and most especially his experiences with SUPaddling. In addition, Makena is a beautiful place for water activities and I was able to see turtles, dolphins, coral sea life, and breathtaking views of nearby islands while SUPaddling with Hawaiian Paddle. Thank goodness Chad had an underwater wide angle camera and was able to capture many of the fun moments and action shots of our 2 hour experience; I plan on framing some pictures for my home! Both the instructor and the location made my SUPaddling experience memorable; I highly suggest going to Hawaiian Paddle for any of your water experiences.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My 10 yr old son and I took a 2 hr SUP lesson with Hawaiian Paddle Sports and had an AWESOME time! Tim was very helpful and organized in setting up our reservation. Our instructor, Levia, was the best. He was informative, patient, encouraging and new just how to keep me relaxed so I could not only learn SUP, but enjoy myself and the beauty all around us. Mahalo to Hawaiian Paddle Sports...we'll definitely be back! We had sooo much fun!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

After reading all the great reviews of HPS we opted for the Coral Gardens Canoe trip. Customer service was exceptional from our first inquiry to HPS. Tim called and asked about our family and what we wanted to get out of our excursion, understood our limitations and made a recommendation. We met Ari and Jim at Olowalu Beach and they immediately bonded with my wife and 6 and 13 yr old daughters. Ari spent time teaching us the fundamentals of canoeing before we got on the water in addition to various aspects of Hawaiian culture thruought the trip.

While the water was a bit rough that day Ari and Jim gave our 13 yr old the confidence and comfort to snorkel in the 20' of water and enjoyed spotting the fish and many turtles. Unfortunately, the weather and waves were not perfect for the youngest but she still had a wonderful time spotting all the turtles from the canoe. Ari and Jim were amazing hosts and a wealth of knowledge on Hawaiian Culture. We enjoyed it so much we signed up for a 2nd tour later in our vacation.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I signed up for private SUP lessons at Makena Landing with Hawaiian Paddle Sports in July 2013. We had seen people paddle boarding throughout our vacation in Hawaii and decided we wanted to give it a try. Neither of us can swim so while we were excited about trying the sport, we were also quite scared! Our guide Curtis made sure we were securely fitted into our lifejackets, and then it was out to sea for a new adventure. Curtis was very attentive and reassuring during our lesson. He really wanted us to enjoy our experience. His instruction and support gave us the confidence to overcome our fear of falling into the water. We had an amazing time, and we have pictures to show our friends and family of us actually standing up as we paddled in the beautiful waters of Hawaii. Thanks, Hawaiian Paddle Sports!