Review Highlights
First time surfing and absolutely LOVED it!!!

Kelly R
White Oak, Texas
A magical tour! An awesome guide! Choose HPS!

Toura H
Stockholm, Sweden

1,246 results
All reviews outrigger canoe private tour hawaiian culture sea turtles fish whale watching marine life kayak trip amazing pictures makena landing see whales great guide private surf lesson took pictures great shots an amazing experience highlight of our trip
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Surfing in Hawaii was a bucket list item that was exactly what I'd hoped it would be and more!! This was my very first time surfing and Jason was fantastic during the 1:1 lesson. He explained everything clearly and we did a few dry land practices before getting out on the water. He did an awesome job finding great waves to get me started. I would highly recommend Hawaiian Paddle Sports for anything as communication and booking was easy. The included gopro pictures were an amazing extra touch that just added to my positive experience. Request Jason if you get a chance, you won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I did a private tour of kayaking and snorkling with the HPS. We starten out of Makena Beach. Enzo was our guide and he did an excellent guiding. He was very knowledgeable about the marine life and the Hawaiian culture. The tour starts at 7 - who said that vacation is about resting!? It is advisable to start early. The water is calmer and the sun doesn’t get so hot. This company, HPS, is very eco-conscious! We love their approach to nature and how much they care about the marine-life. They bring stainless steel water bottles for you instead of plastic and we were clearly advised not to touch anything. You don’t go to near i.e. a turtle and you don’t pat them. Enzo also told us about the conservation work the company do, how they aim to protect the reef and educate visitors on the local ecosystem.

The kayaktour took us to some nearby reefs where we snorkelled. We were amazed by the beauty of the reef and the diversity of life. We saw a lot of different kind of fish and as Enzo hade told us before we started the tour we were well prepared what fish we could expect to see. Enzo also helped by pointing at special species like an octopus and an eel. Enzo was a great free driver and it was great to see him drive and swim.

The kayak tour package included pictures and we had our photos just an hour after the tour ended! A great service! Enzo took some very good shots!

I also want to mention how well he took care of us and educated us on how to launch the kayak and how to land it, how you get out and into the kayak when snorkling and how to keep an eye on the swells. Safety first!

I highly recommend their tours for anyone interested in a personal and sustainable tour! They are worth every penny! If we come back to Maui we will do a new kayak tour with the HPS!

Enzo - we say Mahalo for an awesome experience!
Aloha! /Toura and Stig from Stockholm, Sweden

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband checked off a bucket list dream of surfing in Hawaii. He said there was no way he could've figured out how to surf on his own! J'Sun was our guide for both experiences and was friendly and very knowledgeable. It took several attempts for my husband to get up to surf but then was able to get several waves. We went to the wrong spot and J'Sun graciously waited an extra half hour for us. He took some awesome photos too! The next day we did the outrigger canoe and snorkeling trip with our friends. It was nice to do something different even if it was work, and to not be on a crowded boat. We did have to paddle to several spots to find a good snorkeling spot and didn't get to go to Turtle Town because of the low visibility, but that's part of nature! My husband and I were able to see one turtle before it swam in a hole in the reef. It was still a cool experience and J'Sun took some more great pictures. Glad we did this!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I booked a private surf lesson with HPS while I was on Maui about a month ago and it was one of my favorite parts of my trip to Hawai'i. The instructor - Jason - was very patient and made it very fun! Communication prior to the lesson was also great - I had no trouble finding the spot to meet him. Definitely worth it to pay a little extra for a private lesson. Had I been there longer I would have tried some of the other activities this company offers. I 100% recommend this company!

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time surfing with Jason today. I signed up for a one on one lesson. It was my first lesson and he explained everything really well. He was polite, patient and very helpful. He was very good at assessing my skill level (or lack thereof) and teaching to my strengths. With his help, I caught a lot of waves that I would have otherwise missed. He helped me learn how to choose the best waves and position myself optimally for catching them. I really appreciated the philosophy of Hawaii paddle sports as a company in how they are reinvesting in the community and environment.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

I haven’t gone out with this group (yet!), but I heard the snorkeling / kayaking guide pointing out fish and turtles while I was snorkeling nearby and his explanations were great! The snorkelers were getting to see a lot. I’m sold and plan to go out with them next time.

1  Thank Galewindtraveler
Reviewed September 20, 2018

My husband and I had a wonderful experience today with Hawauuan Paddle Sports. Our guide Matt was extremely informative, charismatic and friendly. We paddled a few miles along the shore and stopped twice for snorkeling. We were able to see a great variety of fish and a few turtles. Definitely recommend them!

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Our family did the South Maui Turtle town snorkel and kayak tour this morning with John and had a fantastic time. We considered ourselves very fortunate to have seen 6 beautiful green turtles, so many beautiful fish and marine creatures, and the coral was amazing. What made our tour though was our guide. John was so friendly welcoming and personable, had an extensive knowledge of everything we were seeing, and also shared with us lots of Hawaiian history and culture. Not sure about what is offered by other tour companies but we have also just received an email link to a whole stack of great photos that John took for us while we were out... at no extra cost. I would highly recommend this tour.
Do it!! Thank you @HawaiianPaddleSports for a great morning

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Did a private paddle tour with kayaking and snorkeling with Curt. He was knowledgeable and made the trip really a blast. He was patient and helpful with our group of 8. Showed us some cool stuff, made sure we saw turtles, and got some great photos of all the folks too! And got them to us quickly! He rocked! I’d recommend him to friends and family for sure.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Cannot recommend this company enough! We had an amazing time kayaking and snorkeling with Enzo. He was so knowledgeable about the fish and made sure to tell us the names of what we should expect to see before we went out, which was awesome! We also saw so many turtles, it was breathtaking. We were also able to identify many of the fish he told us about which was exciting :) It's a combination of paddling and snorkeling but a lot of the time was spent in the water which was awesome. We had the best time on this tour and can confidently say it was the highlight of our whole trip to Maui. 100% recommend!!!!