“Fantastic Experience--Don't Miss This!!!”

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Ranked #1 of 87 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Private Kayak and Outrigger Canoe Snorkel Tours. Surf Lessons, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Hawaiian Paddle Sports offers a private alternative for Ocean Activities on Maui! If going out on crowded, diesel burring boat isn't your idea for ocean activities and you'd rather avoid going out with one of Large Kayak Companies or Surf Schools perhaps we are what you are looking for! We focus on attention to detail and the over all guest experience. Guide operated, Hawaiian Paddle Sports sets the bar for ocean activities on Maui. Whale Watching and Sea Turtle Snorkel Tours on Hawaiian Outrigger Canoes, Ocean Kayaks. We also offer "Guaranteed To Surf" Surfing Lessons or Stand Up Paddle Boards. All of our tours/lessons are Private.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a fabulous trip to Maui. This was the vacation of a lifetime, and our kayak trip with Hawaiian Paddle Sports was the crown jewel of our trip. Chris was so friendly and knowledgeable, and took us to several beautiful secluded snorkle sports. I was intimidated to try kayaking at first, but Chris gave such great instructions that I caught on right away. It was definitely worth the money to go on a private tour. You get to see so many more beautiful places without all the noise from the big boats. Thank you Hawaiian Paddle Sports. We will be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We knew we could rent standup paddleboards from a variety of places and figure out how to do it on our own, but after looking over Hawiian Paddle Sports' website we decided to spend the money and have a private lesson to get us started. From start to finish we felt like we made the right choice. They were professional and our instructor, Chris, was great. We met him at an idealic little cove that was perfect! It was so beautiful we even went back for a late afternoon picnic at the same spot! Chris was really nice, explained everything along the process so we could understand, made us feel safe, and told us interesting facts about the area, turtles, etc. Extra bonus was he brought a camera to take pictures of us and now we can download them for free off the email link that HPS sent to us. Overall, we would highly recommend HPS to anybody!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend, my mother and I took a private surf lesson on the morning of May 8, 2013. I believe our instructor's name was something like Brandon???? I'm just terrible with names though and simply can't remember. He was absolutely fabulous though!! We met him at a beach off the main road on the way to Lahaina, taking advantage of the offer to go to a more secluded spot away from the hoards of surf schools. It was perfect! I have to admit that from the moment I booked the lesson I was absolutely convinced there was no way I would ever succeed at the surfing lesson and certainly I wouldn't stand up on the board. I should also say that by the time we arrived on the beach for our lesson I was pretty much terrified - the idea of sharks, anxiety over what I assumed was going to an epic failure with me trying to surf, etc... Our instructor was great. He was relaxed, made the instructions easy to understand and before we knew it the four of us were paddling out. Once we got past the breaking waves he then took us in one at a time. To my utter shock and thanks to his instruction, I actually stood up on my first run!!! My 66 year old mom (whose had her hip replaced a couple of times in past years) was able to get to her knees and with a few more tries I'm sure would have stood up - though she said getting to her knees was more than enough for her and she was thrilled. My friend got up starting her second run and being the youngest of the three of us and so having the most stamina she went out again and again! One of things that most impressed me was that the waves were pretty big and paddling out was tough, when I was already having a hard time paddling out again after my first run in (I was a little seasick which didn't help!), our instructor came up in front of me, put his foot on my board and helped me paddle out again. All in all it was a successul day and one we'll never forget. Thank you to our most fabulous instructor who made it an awesome, fun and safe experience --- I would strongly recommend him...if only I could remember his name! I will definitely be back asking for him and taking lessons if I get back to Maui. Really I wish we had booked two lessons, one near the start of our trip and another maybe a week later. Would have loved another shot at it before leaving!

1  Thank J N
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My second trip to Maui, I decided to book a private surfing lesson with HPS. Patrick was a great instructor! He took the time to help me with my form, providing feedback and adjustments to get me riding the waves. I'm a beginner for sure, but with his encouragement, he inspired me to keep at it (I ended up booking several lessons, it was such a blast). When I was a little tired, he gave me a tow to save up my energy for the fun stuff, and wouldn't give up until I had that one last good ride in! Patrick taught me a lot about the marine life, waves, and culture of surfing. He took the time to point out a few of the historic sites, and was well informed about the island's culture and history. I was also impressed with what this environmentally conscious company does for the island: beach clean ups, donations to local charities, eco friendly water bottles and lotion, something you don't find with many companies on the island. This was definitely a major highlight of my trip. My next excursion with HPS will be during whale season! Can't wait for a private kayak tour to hear the whale singing : )

1  Thank TravelsForFun
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I am definitely not a water sports person and my husband and I were travelling with my retired parents who are also not. However we took our kayak trip with Chris who was very helpful. After 2 mins of thinking there is no way I can do this I got the hang of it and truely enjoyed myself. We were able to snorkle and see the turtles. I did not find it strenuous at all just peaceful and fun. Make sure you wear sunscreen!!!