“Made me a stand-up paddler for life!”

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Ranked #1 of 87 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Private Kayak and Outrigger Canoe Snorkel Tours. Surf Lessons, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Hawaiian Paddle Sports offers a private alternative for Ocean Activities on Maui! If going out on crowded, diesel burring boat isn't your idea for ocean activities and you'd rather avoid going out with one of Large Kayak Companies or Surf Schools perhaps we are what you are looking for! We focus on attention to detail and the over all guest experience. Guide operated, Hawaiian Paddle Sports sets the bar for ocean activities on Maui. Whale Watching and Sea Turtle Snorkel Tours on Hawaiian Outrigger Canoes, Ocean Kayaks. We also offer "Guaranteed To Surf" Surfing Lessons or Stand Up Paddle Boards. All of our tours/lessons are Private.
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Tim and Hawaiian Paddle Sports are seriously the best! I've taken a lot of surfing lessons, as well as some SUP (stand-up paddling) lessons, and Tim is--by far--the most professional and knowledgeable instructor I've met. He arrives at sessions early to do a quick beach clean-up before his clients arrive. Tim is a wealth of information about Maui and the sports that he teaches. I felt really safe and comfortable out in the ocean, and he gave me some great advice on catching waves, keeping my balance, turning and just about everything else SUP. I already know that I will call Hawaiian Paddle Sports when I go back to Maui, so Tim has made a life-long client out of me!

1  Thank mtbowers
Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"see whales"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed September 7, 2011

I was on a business trip and a few of us are surfers. So I did some research and found about these nice folks from the hotel. Tim was super cool and gave us a few options of boards and places to go out. Megan took us out to the perfect spot for everyones skill level. They even came and picked us up at the hotel and dropped us back off. What an awesome day!
Rich from SoCal.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

This was an awesome stand up paddle tour. My girlfriend and I had never done it before and Tim was an excellent teacher. He was very knowledgeable of the area that we were and we saw sea turtles as promised. He was very personable and patient as we didn't go very far because of our ability but we had a blast. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone, whether they have done stand up paddle or not.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is the BEST tour on the island! Based on a recommendation from a friend, my husband and I did the kayak/snorkel tour on South Maui and LOVED it. Tim, the owner, was our guide and was extremely knowledgeable about the area and what we were seeing. We saw so tons of sea turtles and were able to kayak right up next to them (which my husband loved). What's so great about Hawaiian Paddle Sports is that all tours are private (and very reasonably priced), so it is very personalized and you don't feel rushed or hurried. You are able to go to places the large snorkel boats can't go and you can see a much more private side to the island. BEST tour ever!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2011

If you are interested in avoiding the big groups and having an intimate snorkel experience that is family friendly, go with Hawaiian Paddle Sports. We are on a budget, but the few extra dollars were beyond worth it. My husband, 6-year old daughter and I paddled an Outrigger Canoe on the South Maui Turtle Town tour. Tim was an AMAZING fountain of Maui/Hawaiian culture and history; our daughter is still repeating facts about the islands and reciting many of the Hawaiian words that we learned.

We paddled to an isolated beach that is only really accessible by boat and body surfed and explored, and then paddled to a great snorkel spot where we were practically the only ones there. Tim took photos of us snorkeling and described all the sea life we were seeing. When our daughter got freaked out by an Eagle Ray - Tim happily took her in the boat while we continued to snorkel. She is pretty shy with adults she does not know, but Tim was wonderful with her, spotting and counting turtles and generally keeping her entertained so we could snorkel knowing she was happy and enjoying the trip.

I am SO SO glad we found Hawaiian Paddle Sports. Tim will be our first call when we come back to the island!

Kathy, Ford and Mia