“Delicious food”

Taqueria Cruz
Ranked #61 of 176 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 2008. Taqueria Cruz is a fourth & fifth generation family-owned and operated business which was first established by our great-grandparents in the beautiful Wine Country of the Napa Valley. Our family got into the restaurant business in 1951, building a warm and successful eatery from the ground up, and we are willing to bet that they never imagined all of their hard work and love for cooking would one day reach beyond the vineyards and blossom on the beautiful island of Maui. We are very proud of our family history as well as our culture, and we know you will taste the love in our food. So please come and let us share with you what they have shared with us. From our family to yours, the love and aloha of Taqueria Cruz.
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I were surprised how good the food was. We ordered the chicken flautas, fish tacos and chips and salsa. OMG it was so good. We ended up going there two nights later and had the beef wet burrito and the beef flautas and again it was so so good. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. They do have taco tuesdays but we missed out as we were leaving on Saturday. So if you see the guy or gal standing by the corner advertising taco tuesdays, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012

“Amazing food and BYOB is fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here because they were advertising free chips and salsa outside on the street so we thought why not?
Oh my goodness it's delicious, I would recommend the guacamole as well! We had tacos and a burrito and it was a lot of food, so it's probably best to share but it's defiantly a must when choosing a restaurant in maui!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really yummy, fresh and cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Dropped in here for a quick dinner and really enjoyed my food. Highly recommend the shredded beef Chimichanga, I had to fend off my husband eating mine!

My husband had the chicken Quesadilla which were nice but not as good as my Chimichanga.

Food was quick, fresh, tasty and cheap. It cost us $24 for meals and drinks. The restaurant is not flash and more of a take-away joint but the food is really tasty and worth checking out for lunch or dinner.

Calgary, Canada
“Delicious vegetarian options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away in the back corner of a strip mall (look for Maui Gelato in the front part, then head round to the back - and return for gelato after dinner!). Seating is limited and outside on a paved area under a roof, no plants or anything - we did find there was a rather unpleasant fishy garbage smell from the sushi place across the way - not much atmosphere, though apparently there is live music some nights. There is a high chair available for tots. As for the food, it was great. The corn tortillas were fresh from the tortilla place next door. The veg taco was fabulous. (Make sure to ask for no cilantro if you don't like it! Sadly for us cilantro haters, it's in the salsa too). My husband had a carne burrito and liked it. We will be eating here again during our stay in Kihei! Prices are reasonable - our meal (a burrito, a veg taco and a drink) was about $16, and enough to fill us up. I think generally people would want 2-3 tacos for a meal.

• Visited January 2013
Walla Walla, Washington
“Really good Mexican with live music on Friday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate here a bunch shile in Kehei. The menu seems smaller that it is becasue we did not notice, right away, that they had a large "specials" box that effectively doubled the menu. Everythign is fresh and you can taste it. The woman at the counter was a joy (I assume she has days off but she was here everyday we were there).

On Friday's they have live music in the courtyard outside their door. It really is a very nice place to listen to music and enjoy some really good mexican food that will fill you up for about $10 per person. It is located bheind Pizza Hut across from Beach 2.

Visited January 2013