“Couldn't have been better....”
Review of Maui Wave Riders

Maui Wave Riders
More attraction details
Owner description: MWR is a family owned and operated business dedicated to providing surfing lessons to each student with a fun, safe and unforgettable surf experience. We adapt our style of teaching to the ability of each student. We will go that extra mile to make your surf experience the most memorable highlight of your vacation!
Santa Clara
“Couldn't have been better....”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We took our son for his first surf lesson to Maui Wave Rider. Being a little nervous he was ready to quit before even stepping into the water, then Tommy came to the rescue. Within seconds he had our son more relaxed by simply taking him to a quite area where he could practice himself. In minutes and after a few magic words he was on the surf board, with Tommy all the time giving helpful comments that made our son grow in confidence.

After 20 or so minutes he was ready to stand and from that moment on he was enjoying surfing so much he did not want to stop.

Tommy throughout was incredible. He was very patient, and had a great positive attitude, which put our son at ease. He also made sure that everything was done with safety in mind.

• Korean first
Vancouver, BC
“SUP a full body workout”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I are in our 50's and had never been boarding so we took a two hour lesson with this company. Our instructor was a friendly and confident guy who was patient with our group who were all new to the sport. SUP isn't overly difficult but the conditions were a bit choppy so it was a challenge but you get the hang of it quickly. We were gliding among a large group of turtles which made it all the more exotic, but it is a good workout. For the last half hour (and believe me you're tuckered out after an hour or so) we went closer to the beach and surfed on the boards for as long as we could still stand. On your knees or standing up there is no thrill quite like catching a wave and flying into shore. We had lots of fun and were back at the resort by 10 AM, which left lots of time for snorkelling.

San Mateo, California
“Surf and Paddleboard lessons”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The place is very organized, price reasonable, person taking the reservation was extremely helpful and pleasant. Instructors were fun and kids had a good time. Would definitely recommend when visiting Maui.

Visited August 2013
Noblesville
“Surfing lesson with Kihe”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

In July 2013 I took a 2 hour group lesson with Kihe at the Kehei location. He was an awesome instructor and didn't get frustrated when I took a little longer to get the hang of it. I would definitely recommend Maui Wave Riders to any of my friends and family going to Maui and will definitely book another lesson with them again when I plan a return visit.

Visited July 2013
“Take a lesson from Alden”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I just moved here and I bought a surfboard that needed a little repair.
I haven't surfed in awhile,the owner gave me a loaner, so I paddled out and the instructor Alden was giving a lesson and he motioned to me and said he would help me out, I have had lessons on Kauai, and several places in California that were so-so.
Alden was so patient and generous with his time.
He not just pushing you into a wave, he's teaching theory as to
why you need to do certain things.
I have learned new surf tips and had an excellent experience.
I highly recommend Alden